Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk1a

• Thread starter Deleted member 7237
  • Start date
First Name
Gary
I did the Tamiya 1/48 Mk1 and it was really enjoyable as well to build. Temptation once you start is to crack on as it's such a nice looking plane. This is a good one and I assume brush for camo ? I'm torn between brush and airbrush for this sort of camo and have tried both. I think I prefer the brush approach as a nice informal pattern can be done, with airbrush for primers and base coats.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Pete good to see you building again an a very nice job you have done to good on SWMBO to march you straight into this to get the ole grey matter tickin over again
chris

D

Deleted member 7237

Speedy Gonzales! Terrific work Pete.
I wish I was Peter.
Great fun Pete :smiling3:.
Cheers Ralph just messing about having fun.
Nice progress Pete, thinks are going fast!
looks very good :thumb2:
Steven
Thank you Steve I'm just plodding along really.
I did the Tamiya 1/48 Mk1 and it was really enjoyable as well to build. Temptation once you start is to crack on as it's such a nice looking plane. This is a good one and I assume brush for camo ? I'm torn between brush and airbrush for this sort of camo and have tried both. I think I prefer the brush approach as a nice informal pattern can be done, with airbrush for primers and base coats.
All my painting is by brush because of my health unfortunately .
Hi Pete
Nice to see you back in full swing. Great job of this iconic plane.
Jim
Hi Jim thank you, just hope I can do an iconic play injustice.
Thank you all for looking in and with a very nice comments.
Pete

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi managed to get the panel lines all weathered I used to Andy's idea watercolours seems to work I'll let you lot decide, now just gotta let it dry and then I can give it a dull coat.
IMG_20200301_123801779_HDR.jpgIMG_20200301_123811208_HDR.jpgIMG_20200301_123820805_HDR.jpg

Yes I know she's a very dirty girl;).IMG_20200301_123848161_HDR.jpgIMG_20200301_123903936_HDR.jpg
Thank you for looking in hope you like it.
Pete.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Pete
That weathering has work very well. I think Richard F also favours water colours for panel lines.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Pete
That weathering has work very well. I think Richard F also favours water colours for panel lines.
Jim
Cheers Jim it's the first time I've tried it out, as Andy had a good result thought I would have ago, I'm pleased with the outcome, I knew there was someone else who uses this method but couldn't remember who.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7181

Jim is right Pete. I'd love to take the credit but I blatantly stole borrowed the idea from Richard. Looks good though and something I'll be using again in the future.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice one Pete, If you pop over to the Peterborough show post I think JR. posted one of your Minions in his flight gear already to test fly your latest creation. Also there are lots of Toon Tanks to check out. Cheers, Rick H.

D

Deleted member 7237

Jim is right Pete. I'd love to take the credit but I blatantly stole borrowed the idea from Richard. Looks good though and something I'll be using again in the future.
Hi Andy I couldn't remember who did it, I just remembered you trying and thought I would give it ago it's a bit heavy on the under side might clean a bit more of.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Nice one Pete, If you pop over to the Peterborough show post I think JR. posted one of your Minions in his flight gear already to test fly your latest creation. Also there are lots of Toon Tanks to check out. Cheers, Rick H.
Cheers Rick I've seen them ;) .
Pete.