Airfix 1/72 Westland Lysander (Special Duties) Night Missions

T

Triumph

This first appeared in 1972.

TBH not got used to the way Airfix do some castings. They go to great length in detail on some bits (Canopy is in 5 parts) and yet other bits are over simplified they look crude.

Had problems painting the heat shield by masking, so gave up and did it freehand. BTW notice how the rear gunner isn’t helping the agent get aboard

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice set Pete, but the last photo wins it for me, nice and moody.

Well done.

Being an armour builder i don't know what is under the Lizzie's belly!

Two guesses for the coconut.....

Supply canister?

Radar?

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another beautiful aeroplane!

I noticed the registration letters are different - C*MA on the starboard side and MA*C to port. Are they supposed to be that way 'cos that's the first time I've ever noticed it on a British 'plane?

Gern

T

Triumph

\ said:
Another beautiful aeroplane!I noticed the registration letters are different - C*MA on the starboard side and MA*C to port. Are they supposed to be that way 'cos that's the first time I've ever noticed it on a British 'plane?

Gern
TBH Gern I just followed the printed guide sheet for the decals and that's what it shows :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Nice set Pete, but the last photo wins it for me, nice and moody.Well done.

Being an armour builder i don't know what is under the Lizzie's belly!

Two guesses for the coconut.....

Supply canister?

Radar?

Ron
O.K., I've just googled it......It's a large drop tank!!!

No coconut for me this time.

:shucks:Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
nice model ,pete, great photography too .I especially like the last b/w one ,really sets the scene of a covert night time liaison with an agent of the resistance(or maybe it just makes me think of 'allo allo!!..... only kidding!) keep up the good work, cheers tony

S

Satnav313

\ said:
Another beautiful aeroplane!I noticed the registration letters are different - C*MA on the starboard side and MA*C to port. Are they supposed to be that way 'cos that's the first time I've ever noticed it on a British 'plane?

Gern
Beautiful model and great photos, but is it just airfix with bad decals because i made a vickers wellington, and on one side it read M*KX but on the other it read KX*M.

Tom.

T

Triumph

\ said:
Beautiful model and great photos, but is it just airfix with bad decals because i made a vickers wellington, and on one side it read M*KX but on the other it read KX*M.Tom.
Dam if I knew that I would have cut up the letters to get them right way round. :sobbing: Just as well I only view it from one side :plane: :emo12:

T

Triumph

OK OK hold up. It seems the lettering could indeed be right :emo1:

Check out these websites

http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/magazine/1997/08/stuff_eng_detail_lysander.htm

http://www.airplane-pictures.net/type.php?p=2191