Airfix 1/76 Bedford MK Tactical Refueller

T

treyzx10r

Wow Joe that came together fast and sweet! Nice scratch building on the mirrors,especially in that scale! Nice touch with the period sideburns too!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Cheers Trey, he looks as though he is dancing to Flock of Seagulls :P

P

Polux

Wow!! This is a smooth work.

You use the geometry set on the wheels? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Seriously, is a magnificent build!

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Wow!! This is a smooth work.You use the geometry set on the wheels? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Seriously, is a magnificent build!
Hey Polux, thanks mate. I am really enjoying this first vehicle build. I hand free-painted the tyres after the main wheel was sprayed and given a light dry brush. For once that worked out. Thank you for the kind comment.

D

dubster72

That's surprisingly well detailed for such a small kit. The mirrors are really good!

You're doing a fantastic job Joe, will we see a 1/35 AFV in the future? ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great job Joe, you did real well on the little guy, do like the sideburns ;)

i agree with all the others nicely done with the mirror, cannot wait to see it all go together o_O

P

Paul P

Hi Joe I don't normally get to this side of the forum looking really good mate. I think the blue fire extinguisher is the very old colour of powder extinguishers

J

Jeff66

There used to be about five or six different colours but in the late 90's some new EU directive come out and said they all had to be red (with a band around them with the colour code. Remember there being a bit of controversy at the time that people could electrocute themselves spraying water onto an electrical fire, but of course EU knows best :sad: !

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Thanks Polux. Maybe a little wash of pastels at the end, to bring out the grill and plating etc.. The light made it look glossier than it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Cheers Trey, the final piece is in the completed section here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/1-76-airfix-bedford-mk-tactical-refueller.27270/