Airfix 1/76 King Tiger

D

dubster72

Hi Louis, considering how poor the Airfix kit is in comparison with Revell or Dragon, you've done a very nice job there.

The only thing that's slightly off is the exhausts, which look a tad wonky - could be my aging eyes though!

Cheers

Patrick

L

louish118

Thanks Patrick. Yeah it is a tad wonkey unfortunately.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'm no armour expert and not in a position to comment on accuracy etc, but it looks pretty good to me. One thing that stands out is the barrel seems to be perfectly clean whereas the rest of the tank appears to be grubby. Nice job though overall from where I sit.

L

louish118

\ said:
I'm no armour expert and not in a position to comment on accuracy etc, but it looks pretty good to me. One thing that stands out is the barrel seems to be perfectly clean whereas the rest of the tank appears to be grubby. Nice job though overall from where I sit.
Thanks, you're right. I need to weather the barrel more :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
Wonderful job on this king of the jungle. I'm going to get the revell one of these. The camo gets top marks from me mate.

L

louish118

\ said:
Wonderful job on this king of the jungle. I'm going to get the revell one of these. The camo gets top marks from me mate.
Thanks. Upclose it's a bit out of line but i'm happy with it.

I was thinking about getting the Revell one too, it's probably going to be more detailed :smiling3:

D

dubster72

Both the Revell ones (Porsche & Henschel turrets) are much more detailed & well worth the money.

Be careful of the link & length tracks though, as the instructions are a nightmare!