Airfix 1/8th Honda Road Racer Motorbike.

I

ian lanc

Well guys This Honda was finished today and I can truely say that i've

really enjoyed building this classic kit from the 70's and I hope you

have all enjoyed seeing this oldie kit banged together, its a shame

i've not seen any built ones and i'm sure some of you have this kit

in your stash ! So if you have get her out and build the thing.

I made the same kit in 1979 and remember it well and was alway my fav' motorcycle kit.

Thanks for looking guys and i hope it encourages some to get out their bike kits.

Ian.

Last edited:
B

Bunkerbarge

When you think of the age of the kit this is a pretty impressive offerring for it's day. The only thing that really shows it's age now is the spokes but that to me is now part of it's charm. You've done a superb job on this and shown, as many others have on here recently, that you can make some very impressive models from very old kits. It really is good to see the old ones being built again.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
If it wasn't for the last picture Ian, I thought you'd posted the pics of the original bike you were copying by mistake! Another ***** for this.

Gern

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This brings back some memories ian, i had this kit as a nipper! Youve done a cracking job on it,well done! Mine had a wonky stripe and a big gluey fingerprint in the screen!!!! Great work , cheers tony

A

andygh

Lovely bike and the build and paintwork are spot on. It just makes me want to jump on and ride. 5*

T

treyzx10r

Ian great looking build nice to see something off the beaten path and done so well. Thats a classic 5 star job,nicely done Sir!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is a great build of a fantastic bike and as said, its age taken into account is a well detailed kit. Very nicely built and painted.

I have been hunting the net for some of the old Airfix bikes. Found a few but missed out on them in the auctions. One that I have had as a lad is really screaming after me The Vincent Black Shadow.

Ian M

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Now i see what you was working on Ian, this is a beauty mate. I just wish i can give you more stars but five will do.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Beautiful job on this old kit. I was a Yamaha man myself but it's good to see a lovely representation of a classic Honda.

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Class build Ian, very well done. Might be tempted to have a go at a bike, but it would have to be an off roader 'cos mucky is all I can do!!

Ron

A

Armorbuilder65

I love this model, you did an amazing job, it looks so real! I'm currently looking for this same kit as well as the Airfix(or MPC) 1/12 scale Bentley.

Robert