Airfix 54mm Bengal Lancer

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Here is the 54mm Airfix Bengal Lancer , an excellently moulded kit first tooled in 1978. This is the second Airfix figure ive done (in my current modelling spell , I did a few when i was a kid including this one ) and I really enjoy the challenge as a predominantly aircraft builder. All out of the box except the reins and stirrup straps which were cut from wine bottle foil as the kit supplied plastic strip is too inflexible for these, and the flag was made from microporous tape instead of cutting the paper one out of the instructionsDSCN3018.JPGDSCN3019.JPGDSCN3020.JPGDSCN3021.JPGDSCN3022.JPGDSCN3023.JPGDSCN3024.JPGDSCN3025.JPGDSCN3026.JPGDSCN3027.JPGDSCN3028.JPGDSCN3029.JPG. All comments ,criticisms , observations, ridicule ,groundless insults, cash , cheques and postal orders welcome , cheers tony

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Tony
Well done with this. Very colourful. Yellow is not the easiest colour to deal with. You have handled the horse very nicely indeed. You have every reason to be very pleased.
Jim

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Well done Tony, not seen this chap for many a year

He was also available in 1:12

I have a load of the 54mm figures in the stash, mainly foot figures - used to be able to buy them up cheap at toy and collector fairs
Not sure if I have this one

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thanks guys , jim youre too right about the yellow ! Its a bugger of a colour to work with and trying to get a bit of shading in the creases without making it look mucky was a pain .
Ian , thanks a lot mate im sure youll enjoy the rifleman

Simon , theyre great little kits arent they , ive got a few more in the stash and im always on the lookout for a good deal

Cheers tony

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Far to young to remember this one:smiling4: A great finish to an old classic:thumb2::thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Good stuff. As they all say, yellow is a pig and you’ve pulled it off well....love the turban detail especially.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Far to young to remember this one:smiling4: A great finish to an old classic:thumb2::thumb2:
Cheers steve , i must admit i was only a tiny infant too in 1978 :rolling::rolling:
, no sniggering there at the back!
Good stuff. As they all say, yellow is a pig and you’ve pulled it off well....love the turban detail especially.
Thanks tim i was chuffed with how the turban turned out , good practice for when i do the tartan kilt on the black watch highlander ive got in the stash ! :anguished: Cheers tony