Airfix RAF Battle of Britain airfield set

M

mobear

all looking good so far,just gonna watch how you paint the figures,as this is the nightmare i`m waiting to do lol

mobear

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Looking great Mark, I've got the Airfix Spitfire dio set inside a dispersal base, so I'll watch your build with real interest.

Tony.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well done Mark what a great little diorama some great photo's and a well fitting tribute to the hard working ground crews then and now 5 stars from me

S

Saber

Cheers papa they also do a US Airforce airfield crew with a P51 which I would like to have a go at to remind me of my father who was a US aircraft mechanic in the 50s.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

S

Saber

Thank you trey it was fun to make but I have a lot to learn about painting those tiny figures. Going to have to get some finer brushes and read all my modeling books I got for Christmas, hope you all had a good one. :smiling3:

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
That looks might fine Mark, and your figures look great. I hope mine turn out as well.

5 stars mate.

Tony.

M

mobear

I love it gets you looking all over the place at the different bits 5*s from me mate

mobear

C

CDW

Thats really good, the figures don't look bad at all and the general layout is quite natural.

I bought a couple of cheap spitfires and the 1/72 RAF personel set to do a dio (on here if you look for it), and the hardest, most fiddly, thing i found to paint was the bloke on the pushbike :smiling3:

S

Saber

Very kind chaps I quite fancy doing another one now mybe a tank scene. Figures are something I need to learn more about but these ones are teeny tiny and I need to get some very fine brushes to do them better. My wife gave me the grassy stuff and after sprinkling it on pva glue I just went over it with the airbrush. Still for a first its got me started and keen to try my hand at another. Time to get some sand and pollyfilla :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great work Mark, your figures look good. Nice diorama setting too.

First Name
Andy
Simply stunning Mark, ***** from me, although the Bowser driver must of had a really relaxed MTO the state of the wagons...:welldone:

S

Saber

\ said:
Simply stunning Mark, ***** from me, although the Bowser driver must of had a really relaxed MTO the state of the wagons...:welldone:
Cheers andy yes the lorrys are a bit dirty but that was because of making my first tank before this one and practising getting things grubby :smiling3: Have ordered another tank and decided to sell off one of my telescopes to fund this modeling addiction need more plastic :D

First Name
Aaron
Sweet work i really like this, Great job with the greenery it looks fantastic especially at 1:72 or 1:76.

Thumbs up for more funds to feed the poly habbit. :zoo_taz: