AK 3rd Gen Acrylics.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Dave for doing the tests and John for supplying the paints.
Good points to me were the lack of residue, the chance to use a .2 mm needle esp for detail work and the none drying.

Yes Pete its a pity the 4BO didn't cover as well , though I normally several thin coats anyway.

Will leave them for the moment as still have plenty of Vallejo to use up first. Hopefully the range will increase over time and they bring out some sets.

First Name
Gary
Still having issues with matching Vallejo Air colours with AK3. Lots of gaps in their conversion chart. Happy to try them, I have three, Leather Brown, Pale Grey and Supamarine Blue, but I wouldnt mind a few direct equivelents to Vallejo Air. Maybe early days ?

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Like most paints I'm guessing not all will have direct equivalents to Model Air, but hopefully they'll appear on the hobby color converter app soon which will at least give you a similar alternative.

First Name
Gary
Thats what I meant Andy. Not the exact equivelent but something close. Too many gaps at the moment

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Definitely think the range will increase, maybe just seeing how the initial range go .