AL CAPONE GUNS DONT ARGUE! A rather muddy Chieftain MK5

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is absolutely crackin' Alan .............. and no, I don't think you've "over cooked" on the mud. Absolutely big :score: from me matey.

Peter

C

CDW

Nice job mate. Well worth five stars.

Definitely not over done with the mud, in fact you could go some more quite easily.

If you pop it in a diorama then you'll have to slap some more on it anyway to get the tank to match the terrain.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
cheers folks I was going for a typical British summer on the sailsbury planes effect , I think ive captured the day after a good rain storm :smiling3:

CDW I think ill do a dio of it on a muddy field

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Nicely done Alan perfect weathering in my opinion looks more dusty than muddy :score:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looks good to me Alan mate, can't beat a good Chieftain.

And if you don't mind, i'll show you what happens when you do go over the top (a little) http://www.scale-models.co.uk/tanks/6900-chieftain-al-capone.html

Have fun, John

C

CDW

I knew I got the idea of sticking an led in the light when i did mine from somewhere heh heh ;) :smiling3: ;)

First Name
Aaron
Very cool, i dig it. Ive never seen this mk before it looks like a turret from the modern russian "t" series. Nice work.

T

treyzx10r

Alan I'm not an armor expert but this looks awesome! Very nicely done Sir!!!!

P

Polux

Looks fine to me Alan, and the weathering is spot on.

Cheers

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
thanks everyone

here is one my son made about 18 months ago and he asked me to finish it for him as you will see there are some pieces missing but hes chuffed to bits with it and I have taken onboard some of the comments and have added some extra weathering to it.

he totally painted the figures for it all I did was clean the dust off them hes better than me at figures

View attachment 66551View attachment 66552View attachment 66553View attachment 66554View attachment 66555View attachment 66556

if only I could get him to have half the enthusiasum he has for xbox he would be a very good builder

View attachment 67619

View attachment 67620

View attachment 67621

View attachment 67622

View attachment 67623

View attachment 67624

DSC_0291.jpg

DSC_0292.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

DSC_0294.jpg

DSC_0295.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Two very nice models from Alan & Son.... They make up into nice looking tanks. the weathering looks just fine to me.....Your son has done a great job too, just try and get him to build something else. Like his dad, he obviously has a talent.

Yep, top work.....

Ron

P

phalinmegob

Very nice job, I have tried and tried to get my kids to have a go with me but the laptop/ ps3/ iPhone holds a much greater bond than my lump of plastic ever could

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks great to me, certainly not over done.

N

noble

What a cracking job Alan, the paint and the weathering look good. Ido think you should add a figure or two in and it will look good in a dio. Have you considered building one?

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
What a cracking job Alan, the paint and the weathering look good. Ido think you should add a figure or two in and it will look good in a dio. Have you considered building one?scott
Thanks noble, unfortunatly I can't do faces on figures or I would have seriously thought about doing a dio for it.

I'm fine with small 1/72 1/76 figures but Bigger than that they all have a rather serprised look on there faces lol