Alan 45 D Day dio

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
If you're going for a shell hit on the bunker then use a drill bit-drill into it-then angle the drill bit or use a smaller one at an angle to create chips from the main hole so it looks like concrete has been blown off.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
If you're going for a shell hit on the bunker then use a drill bit-drill into it-then angle the drill bit or use a smaller one at an angle to create chips from the main hole so it looks like concrete has been blown off.Si:smiling3:
My thinking is a bit on the top of the cliff with bits being thrown out , as I just said in the Pm it probably won't work but it doesn't hurt to try :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That should be easy to do...he says :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Here you go Alan. I took these on my Normandy wanderings last year.

This nest actually over looks Omaha Beach. Good for your cliff colour request....

View attachment 83588

Just down the beach from Omaha......Point du Hoc, where the American Rangers scaled the cliff.

View attachment 83589

View attachment 83590

This is the famous bunker seen in The Longest Day. Also, you will probably have seen the post D.Day photo of American soldiers marching up the path besides it, with the beach littered with all sorts of invasion gear. It might help you with your bunker.....

View attachment 83591

Same bunker looking out over Omaha.....

View attachment 83592

I hope these will be of some use to you during the making of your excellent diorama.

Ron

Normandy  France May 2013 611.jpg

Normandy  France May 2013 623.jpg

Normandy  France May 2013 626.jpg

Normandy  France May 2013 461.jpg

Normandy  France May 2013 462.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Here you go Alan. This nest actually over looks Omaha Beach. Good for your cliff colour request....View attachment 83813

Just down the beach from Omaha......Point du Hoc, where the American Rangers scaled the cliff.

View attachment 83814

View attachment 83815

This is the famous bunker seen in The Longest Day. Also, you will probably have seen the post D.Day photo of American soldiers marching up the path besides it, with the beach littered with all sorts of invasion gear. It might help you with your bunker.....

View attachment 83816

Same bunker looking out over Omaha.....

View attachment 83817

I hope these will be of some use to you during the making of your excellent diorama.

Ron
Cheers Ron that will come in very handy for the dio cheers mate :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
You beat me to it Alan, I was going to use this same Italeri kit in my 'Nelly Dean' dio....Hey ho!....

Thinking cap back on...lol

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You beat me to it Alan, I was going to use this same Italeri kit in my 'Nelly Dean' dio....Hey ho!....Thinking cap back on...lol
Sorry Ron it is a nice kit though mate mine was snap together and it fitted a dream :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Sorry Ron it is a nice kit though mate mine was snap together and it fitted a dream :D
No probs. my good buddy. Mine were snap together too. There were two full sets (guns and crew) in one box, and yes, a cracking little kit. I put one in my 'Wait until he's on the bridge' dio.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
No probs. my good buddy. Mine were snap together too. There were two full sets (guns and crew) in one box, and yes, a cracking little kit. I put one in my 'Wait until he's on the bridge' dio.
Sounds great what about a tiger hiding in some hay ?

Is that bridge dio on here I wouldn't mind having a look at that :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Taking shape Al. So, when are you moving out? I mean, the house must be nearly full of these dios by now!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Taking shape Al. So, when are you moving out? I mean, the house must be nearly full of these dios by now!Si:smiling3:
Cheers mate , no need to move out I've got a display room 10 foot square :smiling3: so it will be a while yet before I have to kick a child out for lack of space :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Sounds great what about a tiger hiding in some hay ?
I thought they were only found in the wild in India?

Coat on, waiting for the bus....

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yeah, looks good mate, a severe obstacle.