SMF Supporter
First Name
monica

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you guys for the great comments :smiling3:

Thanks for those pics Moni and I've just realised the flaw in my dio , no craters on the beach , I've been so preoccupied with the cliff and bunker it slipped my mind oh well can't do anything about it now

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well the work you put in on the cliff and bunker has payed off there great :D

m you still can add them in, never to late, just make them out off tissue paper socked in 50/50 pva/water

and mold them in and use the same as the base color over them, as a crater is raised :rolleyes:

thats if you like too ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice Alan......Time for what I call 'A beer moment'....sitting down and having a look and see what comes along.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Al, i do like it alot,well done and Ron has hit the nail on the head, a beer and smoke,lol :P :D

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks I'm pleased you like it , I've done a bit today but I've had a few problems with the bunker , I want to do it so it can be removed so you can see the PAK 40 and it's crew plus a radio operator but I can't seem to get it to sit properly so it looks like it fits wit bought getting a gap around the base of the bunker

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just add some static grass around the edge or some gravel to hide the edge.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've tried to mate it didn't work , the problem I have is that when I put it back there is still a noticeable gap like it's not sitting properly , I might have to put the grass on the bunker and see if that works as a compromise

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another way is to mark out the edge of the bunker and just depress the edge of the cliff so that the bunker fits into the gap.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I can't mate it's not just polystyrene it has filler and backing powder over the surface so it will crack the rest of the surface , I'll just have to be selective with my pics lol

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
oh John i for got to ask you did you see the D-Day landing one at the expo, ;) sorry the pics are not so great you know what that light was like,:confused:

as so meany of you are doing D-Day i took some ,:rolleyes:

i like the ones being shot, but no blood, shows my darkside ,lol
Yep I did, a fantastic dio, pity I can't make dios of that standard....

John

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh I , think this one is just as good you know what real grabs my eye is the cliff face for once styrene works a treat :D

plus yours is having blood and some very unlucky guys :confused: :rolleyes:

D

dubster72

Alan, might I humbly suggest a re-think!

If you're having problems with the PAK in the bunker, have it camouflaged outside. 2 reasons for this :

1) how would the PAK have got in the bunker - guns sited in bunkers fired from a fixed platform & were fitted before the bunker roof was added.

2) mobile AT guns were not designed to operate from a smooth surface such as a concrete floor - the recoil would send it hurtling back into the crew!

A camouflaged position would solve your problem & work better in that the attackers attention would be focused on the bunker, only to be picked off by the unseen PAK ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks folks :smiling3:

\ said:
Alan, might I humbly suggest a re-think!If you're having problems with the PAK in the bunker, have it camouflaged outside. 2 reasons for this :

1) how would the PAK have got in the bunker - guns sited in bunkers fired from a fixed platform & were fitted before the bunker roof was added.

2) mobile AT guns were not designed to operate from a smooth surface such as a concrete floor - the recoil would send it hurtling back into the crew!

A camouflaged position would solve your problem & work better in that the attackers attention would be focused on the bunker, only to be picked off by the unseen PAK ;)
You are absolutely spot on Patrick unfortunately I don't have the room on the base to put anywhere but the bunker I'm afraid and the only place it could go would ruin the setting

I might have to just glue it in anyway with the bunker stuck down as I can't get the bunker to sit right on the base

It would just look like a fixed position than a mobile one

Which is a shame as it's a nice big space in there and it would have looked good with a radio operator and ammo boxes but no point in doing all that if it's never going to be seen

\ said:
oh I , think this one is just as good you know what real grabs my eye is the cliff face for once styrene works a treat :D plus yours is having blood and some very unlucky guys :confused: :rolleyes:
Thanks Moni I must agree I'm pleased with the cliff as well :smiling3: