AlanG's 1/32 Hasegawa Fw190 A8

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Anyone know what colour the bomb/fuel tank rack underneath is meant to be? Black or steel metal?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Started painting the RLM 74. Used blu-tac to mask out the lines. I find it gives a nice demarcation line. Forgot to un-tack the masking tape i used around the wing root and it has pulled little bits of paint away. Not a problem as i can either re-paint or just make the marks into paint chips. Had to stop as my boiler has packed up (oil pump) and it's far to cold to be sitting in my model area painting. Thank god for the log burner!

Attachments

• Hasegawa 1.32 Fw190 A8 Schlangenschwarm 57.JPG
    Hasegawa 1.32 Fw190 A8 Schlangenschwarm 57.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Hasegawa 1.32 Fw190 A8 Schlangenschwarm 58.JPG
    Hasegawa 1.32 Fw190 A8 Schlangenschwarm 58.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 11

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Finally after a few weeks of working hard on the farm and actually getting my boiler fixed, i can sit down at the bench and make some progress. So the mighty Tamiya tape and blu-tac mission starts again. Getting ready for the RLM 74 to be painted (i said RLM 74 in previous post but that was infact RLM 75). Will be nice to get some more paint on this wurger

Attachments

• IMG_1127.JPG
    IMG_1127.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 7

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Had a mare painting tonight. Started applying the RLM 74 using Hannants Xtracrylix paints. I hate these paints. They are a total :poop: to spray (for me at least). Got everything masked and started spraying then the usual clogging issues start again. I even used more thinners then i usually do o it really was like milk. If only Vallejo and Tamiya could get a grip of their colours then i would switch to them fully in a heartbeat. To top it all the blu-tac actually pulled some paint off tonight (never had that before) and after seeing the RLM 74 on the wings i feel the RLM 75 needs a little re-spray as it looks too thin. AAARRRRGGGHHH! Oh the joys of model making.

Attachments

• IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1128.JPG
    IMG_1128.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 9

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well after last nights rant about Xtracrylix i turned to user on another forum who uses these paints and asked for advice. Very enlightening conversation and it ended up him repeating the advice the owner of Hannants and Xtracrylix gave him. Don't use the Hannants thinners, use warm water. So i used warm water from the kettle and low and behold. It only goes and works. For the first time since i started using these paints it actually sprayed how i wanted it to. I had one clog up but that was it. Maybe i shall leave it a bit longer before i take the paints out and throw them away.

Anyway. Here is the results from painting the RLM 74 with warm water. Still need to touch up the RLM 75 but now i know what to do it won't be so much of a chore. Then i'll moved onto the mottling. Finally i can see some daylight

Attachments

• IMG_1130.JPG
    IMG_1130.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 10

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. Had a little accident at work. Got attacked by a pig and ended up with tendon damage and bruised bones in my hand along with a big bite shaped cut and bruise on my leg. Hoping to do a little to it this weekend.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Paul. Could have been worse. She's about 280kg, threw me to the ground by my leg and only attacked for a short time. I was lucky i didn't let her get on top of me. But hey ho. There are people a lot worse off than myself.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Paul. Could have been worse. She's about 280kg, threw me to the ground by my leg and only attacked for a short time. I was lucky i didn't let her get on top of me. But hey ho. There are people a lot worse off than myself.
what made her go I always thought they were quite docile

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Generally they are. But this one has flipped. She has attacked or been aggressive towards others this week. Time for her to go for cull.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice project Alan,
Hope you get better soon...

But on the other side, not all of us can tell they fought a 280kg heavy pig ;D...

Cheers Steven

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Could have been worse. She's about 280kg
Could have been much worse, it could have been her 500kg boyfriend. The last time I heard of a farmer getting on the wrong side of a boar it cost him over fifty stitches and a couple of fingers!
I use Xtracrylix from time to time. I thin them with Vallejo Airbrush thinner and they work well. Only a bit iffy on the tip when very warm and or trying to do low pressure freehand work.
They do give a great finish for decal work.
I agree that Vallejo need to get their act together. Most of the colours are 'ok' but finding them is a pain given the wonderfully inventive names they have given some of them.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Al your build is comin on v-nice I just wish they were full size pics so I could see all the detail my eyes not what they used to be an I found up a pic of my very first airplane build I was telling you about my FW 190 up from 50 yrs or so ago sorry its a bit misty but its a photo of a photo. An she was control line with a 5cc deasil engine span was about a meter an it had workin flaps an elevater's an my older brother flew her sevrall times hope you like it an I also built a spitfire with about a 6ft wing span an a 10 cc engine in with a third line for throttle controle an again it was flown 330535.An sorry to hear you had a run in with a pig hope you soon on the mend
chris330534

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sorry Al but some how the pics have revesred the FW 190 should be first but never mind hope you like em
chris

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
HI Al your build is comin on v-nice I just wish they were full size pics so I could see all the detail
Just click on the small picture and the full size one should pop up.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just click on the small picture and the full size one should pop up.
HI Ian thanks for that but I was just whishing Al would have done that on his pics because as they say a picture can tell more than a thousand words
chris