AlanG's 1/32 Revell Bf109 G6/R6 from 3./JG300

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just realised whilst reading the destructions i've made a little boo boo. I'm going to be making a 109 G6/R6 and the kit doesn't have underwing cannons. But disaster has been averted. I've ordered a set of Barracuda Gun Boots which also have Master Model barrels too. And whilst i was at it i ordered some AIMS resin exhausts too. In for a penny, in for a pound.
BCR32168_2.jpgmontex 01a.jpg

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. Nearly time for painting the RLM 66. The PE is a pain but certainly adds something to the cockpit.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
They are Paul. You can scrunch them up to add even more 'character' to them. That way they look a little more used unlike the metal versions.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That does look a nice set of belts Al.
Almost a kit in themselves by the look of them.
Pete

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry Al,

Late to the party as usual, but love what I have seen so far. The seat belts do look like they could cause you a nervous breakdown. Are the belts embossed paper or another material? They will add a lot of detail to the pit though. Good stuff Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Are the belts embossed paper or another material? They will add a lot of detail to the pit though.

Allen they are fabric belts. You can tone them down with matt varnish too. For me they are the best belts around. I was always an Eduard man but since i've seen and used these they are far superior.... even if they are damn fiddly.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Al,

I never knew there were belts made of fabric for plane kits. I guess I need to get out more often in my old age! They are gonna look good, fiddly, but good...........

• Haha
Reactions: JR

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
This is going to be a long process. It's taken an hour just to do one belt! Still it does look ok. Even has a few little wear threads from the belts

IMG_1487.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fiddly but worth it alan , they look so real . Ill be doing something similar soon trying to scratch some belts for the fiat , its going to be a bit of a test ! Cheers tony

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Just caught up Alan and neat looking upgrades you’ve got there.

Those seatbelts are very nice and two little kits on their own, nice wire work in the office too :thumb2: .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Allen got yo love that AF stuff looks great

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Got these in the post today for the kit. They look lovely bits of kit just like the masks and seatbelts do.

IMG_1489.JPG

Really must crack on with the build but we are working loads of overtime at the moment to get the farm sorted out and some bio-security stuff too. Great for the accountant (SWMBO) but not great for my model building.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Started making the seatbelts again this morning but my eyes started to hurt quickly so i decided to paint the cockpit a base colour of enamel aluminium. This is a pre-weathering colour so i can then apply the acrylic RLM 66 and 'scratch' the paint so that the aluminium shows through like real scratches would. This is a technique i saw a few months ago and thought i'd give it a go. I normally just use a silver art pencil. Yet again something new for me. Time will tell on how it turns out.

IMG_1496.JPG