AlanG's 1/32 Revell Bf109 G6/R6 from 3./JG300

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
No Paul. The technique i saw just used enamel and acrylic without the hairspray. Worth a shot

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ok i'm 99.9% finished with the seatbelts. They've shown me just how bad my eyesight and arthritis has gotten since i last made a set of these. I also made a basic error with one of the belts but i'm done now so it'll have to stay like that. They still need a little clean up regarding threads and one more bit of gluing. They also need to be set to the length for the seat. I have another set for the Me262 kit i plan to build and if i'm honest i'm re-thinking about using the HGW sets again. Yes if i was more dexterous then i wouldn't think twice about using them. But i'm not. Guess i'll decide when the time comes.

IMG_1499.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ok here is the enamel/acrylic weathering. Sort of ok. Maybe i should have let the acrylic dry a little more or used a toned down aluminium colour as it seems a little bright. But there again once the cockpit is all closed up i suppose it'll be in the shade. Also a matt varnish will tone it down too.

What you guys think?

IMG_1502.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looks like a good technique to me :thumb2:
Nice project
Cheers, Steven

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ok that's the seat and control stick area done. Done a few more little bits to it. Will add a matt coat to it once i finish the cockpit walls, which are next on the agenda. I'm quite pleased with how this has turned out. Feels good to have tried something new.

IMG_1508.JPGIMG_1509.JPG

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
The scratches and chipping technique looks very nice Al, all covered by subsequent paintwork and weathering has toned down the bright aluminium.
Neat looking office sir:thumb2:.

On a side note, as I recall you’re an avid Lacuna Coil fan too and they’re coming to Glasgow on the 13th of November and a VIP upgrade is also available so you can get some exclusive goodies and meet the band :smiling:.

Reactions: JR

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
oooo thanks Fernando. Might have to look into that one :tongue-out2:

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
oooo thanks Fernando. Might have to look into that one :tongue-out2:
Eluveitie is great too, for their European tour Lacuna Coil teamed up with them to give us fans an evening full of metal:cool:.

Reactions: JR

Fernando N

SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
They certainly are. Shame Anna left though.
Although I haven’t seen them in the Anna days, Fabienne is a good singer too, captivating the public during her moments.
And she was very good at Dynamo last week, same can be said for the rest of the band too btw.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Last update for tonight. Got the sidewalls painted and slightly weathered (pic not showing it to well though). Some last little bits to go on the instrument panel and seatbelts fitted, then it can be fitted to the fuselage.

IMG_1511.JPG
IMG_1512.JPGIMG_1513.JPG

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Chipping turned out excellent Alan , cheers tony

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Tony. Certainly better then i thought it would. Will definitely use it again now i know it works. Simple to do too. I can see it being useful for propellers and wing leading edges/walkways.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Cheers Tony. Certainly better then i thought it would. Will definitely use it again now i know it works. Simple to do too. I can see it being useful for propellers and wing leading edges/walkways.
I did a similar thing with my p61 but I gave it a light coating of hairspray after the silver base coat then scrubbed the black top coat off with a wet brush, I was surprised how easily it came off , you have to be careful not to take off too much.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Bob. It's getting there.

Looking forward to doing some other building now.