AlanG's 1/32 Revell Bf109 G6/R6 from 3./JG300

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Alan

That really is looking very nice indeed. Well done.

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. I'm well impressed with these masks. I can see me getting more of them in the future.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Very nice paintwork Al, love how the pattern turned out and neat mottling too :thumb2: .

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Actually got a little free time today (after grass cutting, dividing strawberry plants and listening to my footy team play). Got the black underside painted. Just a few little touch up areas to do but it's getting there.

IMG_1583.JPGIMG_1584.JPG

First Name
Wouter
Superb paintwork and masking mate. I need to keep those masking companies in mind since I have a 109 in the waiting room as well. Keep up the good work!

Cheers

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
You know that point when something happens in slow motion and you get the slow "nnnnoooooooooo"? Well it's just happened.....twice.

Dropped the 300L fuel tank and broke a mounting point. Repaired it with some copper wire and then added the flory wash. Only to go and drop the £$%$^ thing again and break two other mounting points! Guess i'd better get the copper wire out again.

On a side note. I've added the Flory wash to the satin varnish coated black underside. Never done this before and it certainly makes it look different. I normally only use a gloss varnish, wash then matt varnish. But i thought i'd try a satin varnish to try and 'keep' a little wash on the panels as well as the panel lines.

IMG_1632.JPGIMG_1633.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Looking very nice Al, lovely painting and masking!!!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Bob. Trying new things as i go along. Not touched this for a few weeks due to work and mental health. Nice to get back to it and try and get this finished in time to finish my P-38 GB before i start that silly named tank GB ;)

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
That damned gravity again, good to read you can fix it with some copper. Looking good :thumb2:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Steven. Still can't believe i did it but hey ho. These things happen.

Going away for a week now (tattie holidays) so will have to crack on with this when i get back.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sorry for the delay in updates. I've eventually made it back to my model bench. My mojo went for a walk and my mental health has been playing havoc with me too. Ah the joys. But hey ho. Gutted not to have finished this in the GB timescale but i needed to get my head sorted out. Still not 100% but there again who is?

Anyway i've made a start repairing the dropped fuel tank guides. Copper wire to the rescue. Also fitted the landing gear struts. Once this is dry i'll be adding the slats and canopy. Then it's just a few ancillary bits, a final weather/paint (exhaust mainly) and seal then it's done. Not before time either

IMG_1652.JPGIMG_1653.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Alan
First off I'm sorry to hear of your problems. I hope everything improves soon. Just take things steady and be kind to yourself.
Night fighter is looking good. I do like the weathering. Nice fix of the fuel tanks. Almost there and GB timescales often get overrun.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. Still not totally focused and keep getting to the bench, sitting for a few mins, feel overwhelmed and so get back up. Really annoying thing is i really want to build my kits and get frustrated when i don't. Mental health is a horrible thing. But i know i'll get there in the end. Just going to be a little at a time.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good repair job Al great to see you back at the bench. Will have to get the cobwebs off mine!!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Done a few paint repair jobs today and made an attempt at the exhaust staining using Tamiya Smoke and Vallejo Burnt Umber. I used these two colours because Luftwaffe aircraft had oily brown stains due to the fuel used coming from coal-oil. Where as allied aircraft had a grey colour due to the high lead octane levels. Not happy with my attempt on the left side, but happier on the right. Might give the right another coat of smoke to hide some of the burnt umber further back.

IMG_1656.JPGIMG_1658.JPG