AlanG's 1/32 Revell Bf109 G6/R6 from 3./JG300

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looks lovely Alan!
And thanks for the info on the exhaust colors, didn't know the reason behind it :thumb2:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Steven. Actually this is the bit of a build i really hate. The last little few things to go on. Just need to fit the canopy, aerial, cannon barrels, wheels and slats. Then it's a coat of satin, flory wash and final coat of matt. Cannot wait to finish this. It's been on my bench for far too long and i have other kits to finish/build.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Did an all over Flory wash tonight. Not totally happy with it but that's all it's getting. Broke off the rudder when doing it so, that will have to be refitted. Used some burnt umber pastel to brown up the exhaust staining. Stained the main wheels. Drilled out the mounts for the Master 20mm cannon barrels. Made the holes a little to big but super glue will hold them fast and in place.

IMG_1663.JPGIMG_1664.JPGIMG_1665.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Al, going back a bit, very interesting about the types of fuel and colour of exhaust staining :thumb2:

Keep up the excellent work

Bob

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hi Bob. It's one bit of really valuable information i picked up from an (ex)member on here called Stona. He was (and still is on other forums) an excellent wealth of information.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looks very good Alan :thumb2:
Nice progress, love the Staining.
Cheers, Steven

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Home stretch now! Applied a flat coat all over after giving it some chipping. Canopy isn't a great fit but i think that's down to something i did and not the design of the kit. Nearly forgot to put on the aerial so that will be next, then the cannon barrels. After that she'll (finally) be complete

IMG_1672.JPGIMG_1673.JPGIMG_1674.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers Paul. Taken a long time to get to this stage. But nearly done now :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Alan

That jig you have for keeping the plane off the deck looks very cool, not to mention useful!! Was it expensive?

The build itself is looking very nice indeed too!

Well done.

ATB

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hi Andrew

The model jig i got off a very kind member of the forum. It is indeed very useful. I could not say where to get them shop wise. I only asked about them and then was offered my one.

Thanks for the comments too. The final build pictures are in the completed section.