All Hail Dumb Ass

M

MrGotty

Hey guys, need a little help haha, the stupid idiot I am tightened I think its the nosel part on my airbrush and it snapped :sad: and the part that screws in is stuck in, I was wondering how am I going to get that out so I can buy and put in a new one?

Hopefully don't have to buy a new airbrush grrr :sad:

Thanks

Scott

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
The metal for the nozzle isn't that strong as you have found out, do you have a set of watch maker screw drivers? You could use one of the really small ones if needed a bit of bluetak on to stop it slipping.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
can you put a picture up of the broken part scott. If its what I think it is and you cant get it out by the method John has suggested then you may need to try and drill it out or get a local engineering company to do it. Like I say, without seeeing the offending part its hard to advise.

M

MrGotty

Im afraid I probably wont be able to get a picture because it's too small, but I will see what I can do :/ Hope I can get it out.

Thanks anyway guys

Scott

T

tecdes

Difficult to advise with out seeing the problem Scott as Steve has mentioned.

One idea which I have used sucessfully. If you have a pair of slim nosed pliers or a wedged shape tool pointed at the end, even plastic, place this in the broken end & gently twist.

Bit of WD40 may help.

Sensible way is to send to your supplier, provided it has a proper repair dept., as you may cause more expensive problems. Have you got the make & model. Then from exploded views of that model it may be easier to suggest a way out.

Most of the bits on a brush only need finger tight to close up the rubber seals.

Laurie

B

Bunkerbarge

If it is what I think it is the tool you need is called a stud extractor. If you can determine the size you might be able to purchase a single one for a couple of pounds. It is basically a long nose taper with a left hand spiral on it that locks onto internal holes and so can be used to turn out broken threaded items.

This is what they look like:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-Expert-45856-5-Piece-Extractor/dp/B0001K9UEG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1332404769&sr=8-4

T

tecdes

Scott what did you tighten it with. This gives a clue on how difficult it will be to release ?

Laurie

D

dubster72

Scott, is this the offending item?

View attachment 42379

And it fits here?

View attachment 42380

Overtightened with something like this?

View attachment 42378

I guess the main question is what kind of AB is it? If it's a cheap one, then Richard's useful suggestion wouldn't be that cost-effective. You might as well buy another at £15-odd.

If money's really tight ( as it probably is with a little one to care for ), I have a Badger 200 just sitting around. It's only a single action but I'd not want anything for it, just postage. Let me know mate.

Cheers

Patrick

View attachment 45720

View attachment 45721

View attachment 45722

SP_A0041.jpg

SP_A0040.jpg

SP_A0036.jpg

M

MrGotty

Hey Patrick that's really kind of you :smiling3: yes that is the offending part :smiling3: I actually picked up this Airbrush and Compressor for only around 60 pounds off Amazon, really good for the money, I knew I could not tighten it too much but, being me, I dont know my own strength some times haha.

What's the difference between single and dual action by the way?

Il have a look around, see what I can find, but I'll let you know Patrick if I really can't spare the cash for a new one :smiling3:

Would'nt want to take it off you if I don't really need too.

Cheers

Scott

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Scott , if you can spare a fiver mate , this is a great bargain , and it sprays great too, (ive got one so i know from experience) the only downside is the cup is tiny, but if it puts you on till you can get the other one repaired then its worth it , cheers tony http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-Finish-Double-Action-Airbrush-/370597470447?pt=UK_Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item564954a0ef

D

dubster72

Now that's a bargain Tony! I might buy one myself as a backup!

Scott, you wouldn't be taking it off me, it's been sat in the drawer for 2 years! I'd just be glad of someone getting use out of it.

Cheers

Patrick

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
A bargain it certainly is patrick! Its the easiest thing to clean and its so easy to use ,ive had great results with it, as i said the only snag is the small unlidded cup. cheers tony

M

MrGotty

Thanks Tony and Patrick, I may purchase that Tony since I like dual action, it will be nice to practice with until I can afford a iwata neo or something maybe :smiling3:

Thanks ever so much

Scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Grotty, I have had the same thing happen to me, I to can be a bit ham fisted at times, I just went for the hard against soft approach. Watch makers screw driver hard steel, nozzle from airbrush soft brass.

Push hard steel into soft brass and screw out...... just be careful.

Ian M

M

MrGotty

Hey guys, managed to get the rest of the nozzle out, just need a new nozzle now hehe :smiling3:

Scott

W

wellsyman

Scott think i got the same gun as you . And i got a spare nozzly

M

MrGotty

Hey man, its good thanks I got an other nozzle from a friends gun, works fine for now :smiling3:

Thanks Anyway

Scott