Simon
Allen,
looking good with the swinging side skirts :thumb2:

if you hang the bread bag don't forget to add the third strap

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Some lovely crapintheback Allen. It will add a lot of interest for the viewer. A fantastic update all round mate. Stay safe

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Allen, you didn't happen to find any chickens on that etched brass sprue did you? JR is gonna be pisssssed if there's no chickencrapintheback!!!:poop::tongue-out3:
Stay Healthy, Rick H.
Yes Rick , right in deed. The chickens would sit happily in that lot, which is very good Dude 1.:thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok guys, I just went through the stash for over an hour and I'm sorry to say…………...

Rick and John (Dude 2), this is all I could find,

IMG_1869.JPG
Even though there are 10 of them, they wouldn't make much of a meal, let alone laying eggs for breakfast...………..

You're right there PaulE and thanks, but then again, we're not going to a flea market or boot sale this week!!!

Thank you Paul, I only wish I could get more done a bit quicker......

Thanks so much Simon, I would have probably overlooked that fact. If I recall, the middle strap had the flat hook for your belt. It ran underneath the belt and hooked over it while the two fabric loops had the belt running through them. Then again, I could go in the basement and get my real one out for a reference and color guide. If only I could remember which carton it's in........

Stevie my man, if you're happy, then I'm happy that you're happy and thank you for the kind words. Check to the usual address???.…..

With the Easter holiday coming up. I may even get all the Gerödel painted and maybe, just maybe, a base coat on this puppy!!! Paint gun sight dummy…...

Thanks again for the support and take care of yourselves.

Bleib Gesund
Allen

PS, A rare color pic of my time in the military with my friend Mark on the right....

IMG_1439.JPG
That's right...….Panzer Grenadier's from "Großdeutschland". One day I'll post some more………..

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Superbly made l can't wait to see it painted...

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Mate, sorry for not commenting earlier. This is a cracking build and the crap in the back is just right.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
As has been said, the crap in the back is looking good, great build Allen.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Prisoners Around the World,

It's been a while since my last update as work has been a total bear. I come home and it's lights out and then the lust is gone. Mojo like a roller coaster too. Anyway, I have a week off, so once again, I have forced myself to drive on and it worked!!!

Greg - Thanks my man and your wish is my command!!!....

Paul - You did earlier my friend and thank you for the support....

Graeme - Thank you Sir! The biggest prob is trying to paint it all. I can't find my blu tack to put it on cocktails sticks to make it easier…..

Bob - Thanks too Bob. I'm giving it my best shot and I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better...

I finally decided that I need to get some color on this thang. I double checked the StuG to see if I had forgotten any tidbits and figured if I did, then I could add them later. I have attempted to paint this puppy a few times, but every time I wanted to, the weather went south and the sun too. On Sunday, I painted one side of the side skirts with the hairy stick using Ron's tips from his great Lancaster SBS....

Yesterday, was hissy stick time as we have had sunshine the past couple of days. I use Mission Models paints for spraying. I saw that my late war dunkelgelb looked a little thick, so I added some thinner for a 3 to 1 ratio. Handling the StuG was a prob so I grabbed it by the gun in the open top and started shooting...…….Paint too thin!!! So glad that I was shooting the bottom. After that cup full, I went with paint straight out of the bottle. Enough BS………….

IMG_2030 (1).JPG
Yea, some areas a bit thin and a little overspray even though I had made a cover for the mantlet….Some more,

IMG_2031.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG
IMG_2033.JPG
When I started to spray the upper part of it, of course, the sun went behind the clouds and it was very hard to see where I was spraying and how good the coverage was. I think the Hissy Stick Gods are against me all the way!!!!! Ok, I did miss a total coverage in a few places, but it's not a big deal. I also sprayed the other side of the skirts and the fighting compartment lid,

IMG_2034.JPG
The bottom 2 skirts on the left were hairy stick painted and the rest were sprayed. The brushed skirts look better compared to the sprayed ones. Ron was right when he said 2 coats should do the trick…….And it did! I broke out the hairy stick and went about fixing stuff,

IMG_2035.JPG
I also touched up the thin sprayed areas and the gun mantlet,

IMG_2036.JPG
Going to let it all dry till tomorrow and then plan my camo scheme. I also have to think about who is going to be in the cupola. I have 2 resin figgies that would fit the bill,

s-l500[8].jpg
Hans, or maybe,

s-l500[1].jpg
Fritz...…….Yes, that means I do have to paint a figure. The horror, the horror.........…........

That's all for now good people! Please stay safe and hopefully parole will come soon for us all. Such nice weather and you can't even go out and sit in a beer garden for a Brotzeit and a cold one!!!

Bleib Gesund
Allen

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Very nice Allen, not as pretty as a StuG 111 ;)

Like Fritz!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent work Dude 1.
Paint looks good, hope next week light wise is ok for more.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
How about Max...........max no difference to me who you use. Git 'er done!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update Allen. Looking forward to seeing the camo patterns. I'd go for the figure driving the Stug sat in his seat at the front with his back to you LOL

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The paint looks good Allen, either of the figures are good, go for the one that fits best.