Allen's SU-152 "Zveroboy" (Beast Slayer) Trumpeter 1/35

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
It seems in the morn we are kicking this GB off. Thanks to Lee for taking charge and I do hope to finally finish a GB on time...Here's my Rooskie puppy,

IMG_2840.JPG
And the sprue shots,

IMG_2841.JPG
IMG_2842.JPG
IMG_2843.JPG
IMG_2844.JPG
IMG_2845.JPG
All factory sealed (for your protection) waiting for the starting gun. And next, the instructions/painting guide,

IMG_2846.JPG
IMG_2847.JPG

Oh, it has indy links (everybody's darling), alu barrel and only one camo choice. Could it be 4BO??? Straight OOB for this one. See ya in the morning folks..............

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen

Last edited by a moderator:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Stevie, but I hope it will only take a month or two. I have a lot of things to do now that I am (finally) retired. Hope you guys are are doing well buddy....

Hey Bob, it never won any beauty contests, but that 152mm sure did pack a big bang. Also a bit out of my normal thang too........

Don't worry Bro, you would never be in the way. Really glad to have you here Paul.....

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Your welcome Allen. Wow I’ll be seat by Steve so he can Interpret what you are doing with that many parts.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Allen,
a real beast! - really looks the part compared to other contemporary tanks. I made this a while ago, and I can't remember there being any significant problems................
Dave

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Folks,

Work is progressing on the "Beast" quite rapidly, but first.....

Lee, Gerry, Rick and Tim, Thanks for coming by to watch the old fart build a Rooskie Bummskie Beast. The Su-152 was the last built on the KV-I chassis. After that, the next generation JSU-152 was built on the JS-I chassis. It was a beast.....

Richard, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the finish yet, but the basis will have to be 4BO for sure.....

Dave, Correct Sir, No real probs other than cleaning up large sprue gates and mold lines. Some of the fitting pins need to be corrected too. There is a quirk or two, one of which is below.....

Graeme, I can imagine there was a decent size difference. Great to see you Sir and I hope all is well on your end. I put my Maultier next to the chassis,

IMG_2850.JPG

As you can see, it wasn't tiny. The chassis went together with no probs. The bump stops needed some extra love and cleaning up and the rest went smoothly. It seems odd and quirky that Trumpeter gives you 2 etch sheets, but does this make sense,

IMG_2851.JPG

A nice etch piece for the intake across the butt. Now look at the intakes on the rear deck. OOPS!!! I say that because, now you see the etch,

IMG_2852.JPG

Now you don't!!! You still see the grills though................Next up was a chore that almost everyone hates. Yup, road wheels. I have to say they went smoothly and in the end you have this,

IMG_2853.JPG

They're just stuck on so I can paint them separately when I paint the chassis. The other side,

IMG_2854.JPG

And all the wheels touch the ground too!!! I might start the tracks in the morn or maybe build up the casemate with gun. Can't do the fenders until I see if the tracks will fit on when they are mounted in place....It's even starting to look like a beast!!! And you all thought I was just sitting around drinking beer in my retirement....................

Thanks again for looking in and have a great Friday....All C, C, and abuse most welcome........

Na Zdorovie (Prost)
Allen(ski)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cool!!!!

And that's just getting the wheels level!! ;)

In all seriousness that's coming on very nicely!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've built this as well Dude 1, a most delightful one to do.
Will be taking a seat on the front row, pushing Bob out if need be.:smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I've built this as well Dude 1, a most delightful one to do.
Will be taking a seat on the front row, pushing Bob out if need be.:smiling3:
You raise an interesting point comrade..... What are the new Covid distancing rules on the forum now UK rules have relaxed?? ;) :smiling5:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You raise an interesting point comrade..... What are the new Covid distancing rules on the forum now UK rules have relaxed?? ;) :smiling5:
The only rules we seem to have is when Ian shout at us Andrew:smiling3: