Allen's (V2) F-108 Cable Reel Trailer for SimonT

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Lovely detail work mate. Camaro has been built as of last week. Awaiting delivery. Relay box is insane in 1/35 let alone 1/48. Crane is indeed awe inspiring. PaulE

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Lovely work Allen, good to hear things are settling down

Bob

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
It's great to see you back here again Allen.... top work as always..

Nick

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen.........Allen.....Allen, Who is this Allen? :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out:;) about time you came back to the forum Sir......I am relieved to hear that you are still in the land of the "living". That was pretty good, adding all that stuff about your Crazy 1/48 scale buddy..........compared to him, your "Normal"! :thinking:
Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Late Afternoon Good People,

Wow, thank you so much for the nice words of support and it is good to be back and almost stress free. Yes, my friend is a bit off his rocker and his work is totally amazing too!!! I haven't really had any time at the table except for a nap. Old age sucks and now less than 5 months till "R" time, but....

Dude 1 - Thank you Sir! I am truly humbled for receiving this coveted award for my unfinished build. I will cherish it forever or next month, whichever comes first. PM coming later too....

Jim - Yes Sir, life has settled down and things are going good. Son is healing really well and doing fine, thanks. It feels good to sit and tinker at the table even if I do fall asleep at times. It's all about making the tiny bits for a while now....

Mr. Benson - NO!!! I am crazy, but not that crazy to do it when I rebuild the Steyr interior. The thought did cross my mind though...It's nice to be back Si and thanks......

Andrew - Thank you Sir and I wasn't overstating it at all. Your etch work on the Pz II is excellent and so cleanly done. You do have a knack for it I think. I have been following along, albeit behind the scenes...Most impressive Andrew!!!...

Paul - Hey My Man!!! It does feel really good to be back with you crazy folks on here!!! If I'm lucky?, I may even be allowed to stay here in Germany forever. If not, then they could deport me to the Bahamas.............

Joe - Thanks my friend. It was funny that the beginning of this year was like an avalanche crashing down on me. Of course the Pandemic made everything 100% worse too. We are back on track and hope to stays that way. I don't think my friend Ron is into sharing his meds with me though............

PaulE - Thank you and great to hear you may get your new "Toy" soon! Just in time for nice spring weather to come and you can have some fun out cruisin' around!!! Yea, Ron is a fanatic for the details and doing it in 1/48 to boot.......

Bob - Ahoy Matey!!! Thanks and I hope you are doing much better too. Nice to see some StuGs on the bench again!!! I am having fun again and damn, you got me talking some floaty thing jibberish too!!!............

Nick - Great to be back Sir and thank you for the kind words. I hope all is well on your end of the stick too. Wasn't the Anglia an English auto? Never heard of the East model though. Don't tell me you are living a car, like Stevie, who lives in Plymouth. I'll get me coat.................

Rick - Hey my friend, for a while I didn't know who that Allen was either, but it's all good now. Weather is good, mojo is good and retirement is just around the corner. Oh, and "normal"??? Haven't been normal since my Mom dropped me on my head at birth.....Just saying!!!..........

Once again, thanks for the motivation and the kind words!!! We are all a bunch of crazies doing what we love to do....

Now it's time for a dirty Joke............"A boy tripped and fell in the mud..."
And now a clean Joke................"He took a shower..."

Prost to you Fine Folks
Allen

Gary MacKenzie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gary
Allen , have you seen these kist

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Nice find Garry.
Oh dear more buys I fear, mind you the amount Dude 1 manages to sell on Evil bay I won't be surprised.:smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen

Morning Gary,

Thank you Sir for posting these. Alix makes some really fine kits and I have dealt with him before. These are nice, but unfortunately are not part of a V2 battery. The cable trailer was for the commo troops and the fire wagon for the Luftwaffe and others. The V2 Batteries used 3 types of equipment for cables. 2 trailers, F 108 large and F 110 small and an F 205 Opel Blitz Maultier with an enclosed body on it. The 1 ton trailers were too small to serve the purpose. Thank you again for thinking of me and hope you are doing well....

Nice find Garry.
Oh dear more buys I fear, mind you the amount Dude 1 manages to sell on Evil bay I won't be surprised.:smiling3:

Dude 2, Don't worry Buddy as I won't being buying these. Alix does have a thing or 2 that would make nice additions to the project, but in the current world situation, they will have to wait as Leadwarrior is in Russia........

I will also add that this build is on hold as I am still awaiting some more info on it. I have a few other builds to finish first and then I can take another stab at it with full force.......

Prost
Allen

Reactions: JR