Steve
Top notch work Allen. Its a real joy to see your work. Keep it comin my friend

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Good People,

So sorry for the late replies. I have been trying to catch up on here with all your fine builds, working on the trailer and totally forgot about my own post. I have off until the 10th, so hopefully I can accomplish quite a bit on this project before you all fall asleep from boredom.....

Dude 2 - Sorry Brother, but Matron never made it. She got turned back at the border because she was carrying inferior beer supplies with her. Here in the Fatherland, we have strict laws against this (Rheinheitsgebot)...Love your baby pic though!!!

Tim - Thanks Sir, but there is practically no info available for this trailer as it was all top secret stuff. All I can do is analyze my 6 pictures and give it a shot in plastic..."So where the hell was Biggles, when you needed him last Saturday"???

PaulE - I can understand that my friend. I am only going to build this one time though. Most people still won't understand the trailer's purpose, but I'll do my best to make it clear.....

Jim - Thank you Sir! It's actually real fun and a test of my nerves and skills. Did I mention my eyesight too??? It will be a one-of-a-kind...

Mr. Benson - You know that is always what happens...Seriously, I don't think a major kit manufacturer would bother. maybe a resin cottage firm, but it would be a lot of work to produce and probably really expensive. Thanks for the kind words......

Rick - You have the right idea Buddy, sort of like the doors on a regular trailer. The main door sits flush with the frame and the lip keeps out the elements (Usually with a rubber seal around it) I wish I had a better pic to show ya. BTW ref. Matron, see above.......

Mick - Sorry my friend, I'm afraid the pills aren't working...The good beer is though and thanks for checking in on me.....

Stevie - A big thanks too Bro. Should be some good progress over the next few weeks....Stay tuned!!!......

I only have one pic to show at the moment as I keep forgetting to take them. I finished the 3 sliding drop down reel rail thingies and gave one a try,

IMG_2287.JPG

And the damn thing really does work!!!!!!!! Now I have to get them painted up the rest finished too.......More, with luck and a beer, later.........

Prost
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Wow, you’re on a jazz with all the scratch work mate:astonished:

Neat wheel and reel solutions:thumb2::cool:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My word you are on a roll, keep it up Dude 1.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
It's me again boys and girls,

Had some time to take a few pics and present you with a little update. It seems rain is the word of this week and I don't think the sun will shine again until March......Anyway,

Fernando - Thanks my Friend. I want to do it right this time and bring it to the WME in July, if it happens.....Sorry I didn't call earlier as I need to load my phone and the new bank way to load the phone doesn't work. Tomorrow for sure..........

Dude 2 - Thanks Brother!!! I didn't know you were getting so much rain. I do hope the fish are ok and you don't have any more probs with the pond overflowing.

PaulE - Thank you Sir!!! I want to wish you and the family a very Merry Christmas and a Guten Rutsch in the New Year. I hope you all are safe and healthy and you keep driving on with that beautiful RR layout that I am so jealous of. BTW, Did you get the LT6 yet??? With snow tires too???

So, I have made some progress and every time I look at my 6 pics, I find some new details that need doing. I have been working on the reels and still need to paint the holders and then touch up the reels themselves. I will then paint the cables with a coat of AK Satin black to cover all the mistakes from painting the reels...Here's were we stand,

IMG_2298.JPG

You can see the glue residue on the cables and that will be fixed. Looking at one pic, I saw that the connection cover handles had a hole in them on each side. Broke out the 0,25 drill bit and went to town drilling them out. This was a real PITA as the covers are glued onto the cable end. It took about 2 hours, including the cleanup from drilling, to accomplish this. Down in front are the 3 working ones with the hinges. After all that nonsense, I began making the rails for the rest of the reels. These are glued in place and not working,

IMG_2300.JPG

The parts on the left are for the back reels and the long ones are mirror imaged for the front reels. I had to order more 1,5mm Evergreen channel stock because I ran out. I started shaving off the backside of my 1,5mm I-beam stock to make more, but that was also a pain in the posterior so I stopped before I bled to death. After I finish painting the reel holders, I can glue the reels in place and they will be done.......Wheels!!! Yeah, I know you have heard this song and dance before but,

IMG_2299.JPG

On the right, two new ones were made and Olga didn't let me down either. The 2 rings on the top left are the trials to get the right size for the etch spokes to fit in. The 2 rings on the bottom left were made for the inside discs. I cut them down so i didn't have to spend so much time sanding the tire into shape before making the tread pattern (see right). In the morning, I can cut out the tire discs and then bust this out and glue the spokes together,

IMG_2301.JPG

Yea baby, we are starting to make some good progress here. So till tomorrow, thanks for looking and stay sober...Ho!!! Ho!!! Ho!!!

Polski Polska Prost
Allen

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I look in Awe sir, lovely to both see and admire!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Bob,

I truly hope you are doing much better and I wish you and the family a very Merry Crimbo and a happy New Year. Me, I'll be sitting at the table, with a cold one, moggelling on and hoping the ex doesn't call!!! Please stay safe and healthy my friend.....

Prost
Allen

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Bob,

I truly hope you are doing much better and I wish you and the family a very Merry Crimbo and a happy New Year. Me, I'll be sitting at the table, with a cold one, moggelling on and hoping the ex doesn't call!!! Please stay safe and healthy my friend.....

Prost
Allen
Very much appreciated Allen, doing ok hope a video call with a physio will help with joints. Take care and carry on modelling Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sheer Madness.........I love it!! Good to see you making some real progress on the trailer Allen. Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year. Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks so much my friend,

I wish you and the family the same Rick and I hope you get some goodies in your stocking from Santa. In your scale, you could probably fit a whole battalion of vehicles in it. Please stay healthy and keep on bringing us your mini madness magic and most of all, thanks for your friendship here!!!

Polski Polska Prost
Allen

PS, The Polski Polska comes from watching ski jumping on TV from the Polish ski jumping team.................

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
And the sametoya' brother. Looks like they're not going to build my LT1 Camaro till after the New Year. I'll have to check if they make run-flat snow tires in my size:smiling2:. Prolly require a 2nd mortgage if they do. PaulE

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thank You so much Peter,

But may I ask, Just how loud did you listen to Led Zepp??? Probably like me, not loud enough..............

I wish you and the family a Joyous Christmas and a safe, healthy and happy New Year in these terrible times. All the best my friend.....

Now, "With A purple Umbrella And A 50 Cent Hat", I'm off to bed.........................

Prost
Allen

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I'm really enjoying this build, Allen - loads of interesting stuff and some madness too!
Keep it coming
N

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking great Allen.....but where are all the sportsman that always pull you through....they’re resting down in Cornwall, writing up their memoirs, for the paperback edition of the Boy Scout manual.....

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Allen. Outstanding work my friend enjoyable to watch your magic

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looks like your mass producing parts for this build, quantity And quality is quite a feat Allen.
Froliche Weinachten.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
You never pick the simplest stuff do ya mate!! Good to see this making steady progress :thumb2:

Have a great Christmas and a happy new year.
take care, stay safe :smiling4:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening All,

Thank you all very much for the support and I truly hope everyone had a good Christmas under the current circumstances with all the restrictions. It was definitely strange.....

Neil - Thank You Sir, I am having a blast and you know my lights are on and there is nobody home most of the time. Hope you had a good Christmas down in London town my friend...

Tim - Thank you too Sir, but my jockstrap's pinching me, slouched to attention, while queuing for sardies at the office canteen........Also hope your Christmas was a good one, if not a bit weird in these times............

Lee - A big thanks too my friend. I truly hope you get rid of this evil disease and back to normal soon. Then you can finally get back to the bench and enjoy a bit of plastic snipping and glue slinging........

Graeme - Vielen Dank Mein freund. I'm so happy to have the RPtooz cutter to help out for the mass production. Still a ways to go. Hope you also had a good Christmas and I wish you einen Guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!!!.........

Mr. Benson - I agree my friend, but the challenge is what makes it fun. When something goes right, it's even better. Lot's of table time over the holidays helps too. Thanks and I wish you and the family all the best for the New Year. Is Holly in college yet???............

So an update is now in order, so please stay awake until I'm finished. Thank you for your understanding.......

First Tiregate...I made the second set and it worked!!! I surprised myself with this,

IMG_2304.JPG

The old messed up ones on the top, the first set on the left and the new set on the right. Ok, they are a tad smaller in diameter, but I blame that on the rubber shortage late in the war. The left set, 1943 and the right set, early 1945. Now to paint the rims, put in the spindles, glue the back spokes in and paint the tires. I then started to assemble and glue the rest of the reels on their rails and for the compartments. This is where we stand as of earlier tonight,

IMG_2303.JPG

Still a few more to finish gluing on and then a quick coat with the hairy stick and paint the connector caps. I had to keep the rail width at 1,25cm so they would all fit, with the proper distance between them, in the compartments. Next up will be the tire rack and the phone wire cable reel holder in the 1st upper and lower compartments in the trailer. They look like this,

F 108 Front Compartments.jpg

I still haven't figured out what the object is behind the phone cable reel holder. I be working on it though.............

That's all for tonight folks. Once again, a big thanks to Jim (Jim and Samson) and Paul Scott (Scotty3158) for their generosity and kindness in sending me reels for this project. All C, C and C cheerfully accepted and thanks again for for not snoring........

Prost
Bad Santa
Allen