Alpine 1/16 US Infantryman Winter 1944-45

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_8133.JPG

Another Alpine US Infantryman, this time wearing a greatcoat and winter boots.
Lots of lovely parts:

100_8134.JPG

The usual two heads and all beautifully modelled and cast. This one is sculpted by John Rosengrant, a new one on me.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
First in for a change Peter.John Rosengrant is one of the best out there.He did loads for Warriors and some for Kirin i believe.Plus he had a few in his own range.Think ive got some of his 1.35ths still.
Carry on that man.
Makka Pakka

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Richard.

This is on the back burner while I work on my Luftwaffe bust. It certainly is a nice sculpt.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi people.

I've recently been a bit worried that my eyes may no longer be up to painting 1/16 figures, so I've gone back to this one and had a go at the head. Having failed with the alternative head supplied, I've tried to paint this one for times already, so this was make or break:

100_8203.JPG100_8204.JPG100_8205.JPG

My eyes seemed OK while working on it I'm glad to say, so I'm somewhat reassured that it was just 'flu and sinus problems that were affecting my vision.

Back to the B17 bust.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Good to see you are able to tackle the 1/16 scale without too much trouble, lovely job too, well done.

The mini heatwave came with almost continuous rain, and its still raining!

Looks like you have choices today, stay with the 1/16 winter dressed US infantryman or your US flyer bust!

Whichever you choose have a good day with the paint and try and keep warm with the weather and your recovery from flu.

I guess you will be the last to get back on your feet?

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Many thanks.

Steve - Morning. I think I'll continue with the B-17 bust today. Now that the head is done on this one, I can relax and work on it at my leisure. Katherine now has the bug big time, but I'm no worse at least, though it's gone to my sinuses, always my weak point. As with you, the so called heatwave barely registered - still it was a nice thought.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter,

Hopefully feeling better and on the mend?

I guess the camo net on the helmet wasn't just a dry brush then?

looks like he is in a party dress with the bottom half not painted!!

Another lovely piece of subtle colour blending with straps, gloves, scarf and coat, looks really good, well done.

Should be a good day to finish the coat, but doesn't look too creased so minimal shading.

Have a good day and a speedy recovery too.

Take care

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

The camo net was initially dry-brushed, but it didn't really work, so it had to be painted in by hand. Hopefully he'll look less girly with the rest of the coat painted. As you say, not too creased, so should be straightforward. Katherine and I are still feeling bloody awful, so we've cheered ourselves up by booking a holiday cottage in Beddgelert for a week in November - fingers crossed that there won't be new travel restrictions by then:

IMGP4329-HQ-Sharp-CP.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
What a beautiful figure. Cracking quality painting so far.
Hope you both feel better soon. The holiday will do you good. Beddgelert is lovely. Famous, of course, for Llewelyn, prince of North Wales, and his dog.
Jim

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
The figure is looking great Peter, another plus here for Beddgelert, I stayed in the Saracens Head hotel there a few years ago and it is a lovely village.

Andy..

D

Deleted member 6559

Jack - Many thanks.

Jim - Glad you like how the figures is coming along. I've been to Beddgelert numerous times over the last 50 years and it's my favourite place in Snowdonia. I believe that the Gelert's grave thing was all contrived by a local pub landlord sometime in the C18th, as is usually the way with these things.

Andy - Thanks re the figure. I've had many a drink on the terrace of the Saracen's Head over the years. Will be good to go when there are no crowds.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Looking good and I’m sorry for your eyes I know the feeling. Seated front row