• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

He is looking more manly now LOL

Hopefully Wales wont be on a travel corridor restriction by November, but with the current rapid rise in new cases, who can tell?

Looks like a good day to finish him off with the remaining kit and rifle, and another quiet recovery day too.

It looks like a reasonable few days ahead, perhaps a mini Indian Summer?

Take care and rest up too!

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Yes, he looks better now that the party dress has gone. Nearly finished now, bar the rifle strap. Once that's done I'll sort out a snowy base.

A mini heat wave is predicted here for early next week, with a temperature of 28 degrees on Tuesday. What is going on?

D

Deleted member 4539

Looking good Peter :smiling3:.
As for the mini heatwave I've always known it as an Indian summer.

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Ralph - Yes, I suppose it is an Indian Summer, but I always personally associate that with a bit of mild weather later in year. One day of 28 degrees seems nuts.

Anyway, here we go:

100_8266.JPG100_8267.JPG100_8268.JPG100_8269.JPG100_8270.JPG

The final session involved painting and attaching the equipment, which was fairly straightforward. The only extra is the K-Bar fighting knife, which I made for a now defunct figure, and which I found lurking in the spares box. The kit water bottle was damaged, so I swapped it for a Verlinden spare.

The base is another old Verlinden spare, dusted with Krycell Precision Ice and Snow.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Ralph.

Version two, with less snow:

100_8271.JPG100_8272.JPG100_8273.JPG100_8274.JPG

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Andy and Mick.

Another base change in the meantime:

100_8280.JPG100_8276.JPG100_8278.JPG100_8277.JPG

I found the snow too distracting, so I cleaned up the figure and placed him on an autumnal base. A bonus is that it has helped the camera to achieve a better colour balance, more true to the original.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Wonderful job Peter, I like the base now as I was not too keen on the snow.

Andy.

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Andy.

I think he looks considerably better without the snow. The only reason I did it in the first place was because he's wearing felt over-boots, which were designed for freezing conditions. Perhaps he's just dealing with hard frost at the beginning of winter, or found a clear patch deep in the forest.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Glad you finally got a base sorted, the winter white out was a little distracting, looks really well suited with a complementary palette of natural colours.

Great finish and another 1/16 figure in the cabinet.

I guess you are OK, with 1/16 scale once the head is done?

Perhaps on your better eye days, get a 1/16 head done and put in stock for the next build?

Looks like 48 hours of warmer weather ahead!

Bust or figure next?

Have a good day with the next victim

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Infinitely more pleased with him on the new base. As you say, the colours are a better match for the figure and it all blends together more harmoniously. Another 1/16 project next; my confidence is higher now that I've realised that there will be some compromise on detail at the smaller scales - something busts spoil you for.

Bracing for the mini heat wave - shorts back out of the cupboard.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
very nicely done Peter. You can feel the cold with him.
John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding Peter. Yet again its the tonal work on the face that stands out so well. Glad you changed the base. More emphasis now on the figure. Lovely work all round my friend