Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good so far. Evil looking machine the stukka

Looking forwards to seing the colour go on.

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice work! They are evil looking but as one RAF pilot said "They were the easiest german aircraft to shoot down if you got behind them,serves them right". I think he was a bit annoyed at them bombing our shipping at the time!

Steve

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Al

Your doin' I fine job with the Stuka. The masking looks good, all the more remarkable because the kit is 1/72 (had to go back to check myself!)

Very well done, this one looks like its gonna be a real little cracker!

All the best.

Paul

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well that's the RLM65 painted on. Got to do the yellow wing tips next then it's onto the upper surface

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Beautiful Al, this is gonna be a little stunner!

Paul

N

noble

Hi mate this is looking wicked so far keep up the good work.

scott

B

bikerbart

It is looking the bee's knee's mate, love it, well done so far, regards Martin :smiling:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just did some test measuring of the decals for the underwing chevrons. Just as well i checked. They are massively out of scale compared to where they are supposed to be on the wing. I'm now trying to mask off the chevrons so i can paint them in. Time for square eyes again lol

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Under wing chevron added :smiling3:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Well the masking nightmare has ended for tonight. Think i'll paint it tomorrow to give my eyes a rest...and also becuase i've just poured myself a rather large Dalwhinnie :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well done,that splinter scheme is fun isn't it!!!

Cheers

Steve

C

Caledonia

Hi Allyne, been watching this one, I remember doing a Woolies Airfix 2/- kit of the Stuka in the late 50's, nothing like as good as your one. Looking forward to seeing the finished article. Been drinking Dalwhinnie lately myself kills all those paint vapours. Cheers Derek

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Been drinking Dalwhinnie lately myself kills all those paint vapours. Cheers Derek
The company i work for owns the distillery and i can get it in our staff shop. It's a lovely whisky although i prefer Royal Lochnagar more.... oh and it certainly does kill the paint vapours :smiling3:

C

Caledonia

Now my favourite tipple after say a nice meal etc is Lagavulin 16Yr. When I retired just under 3 years ago an appreciative client presented me with a 30Yr cask strength Lagavulin, don't know whether to drink it or bank it, it looks as if it has doubled in price since its release. My all time favourite, which is now rediculously priced is 24 Yr 56% Brora, if you like a peaty malt its fantastic. The bad news it will set you back £200 - £250/bottle. Cheers Derek

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Allyne, although I've not posted on this, I have been watching the initial posts, now I am back home I can catch up.

This is looking very nice, I have always liked the Stuka and you are doing this variant the justice it deserves. Well done.

Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Not a happy chappy at the moment. Spent all tha time masking it up and when i peeled it off this happened. Maybe i didn't clean these three parts as good as i should have. I'n quite sure what exactly has happened if i'm honest. I might re-paint the patches but seen as though i'm doing a winter camo i might just make sure these three bits are painted white instead. Would save a lot of hassle.

Still not happy though as the splinter camo looked great

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Al,

What can I say? That's a real b****r! Is that Tamiya tape you're using 'cos that's unusual if it is? Maybe you're right and there was some grease or summat left on the plastic.

Oh, the joys of modelling!

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Dont you just hate it when that happens. Since the last time it happend to me I have taken to sticking the masking tape to the back of my hand the using it on painted parts. It just removes a bit of the stickyness and I have never had it happen again.

Regarding not being washed enough; Not sure thats the whole problem. I normally wash kits down it a painters soap used by decorators. removes any trace of oil, greasy finger prints etc. Still mangaged to take large flakes of paint off though. Try the back of the hand trick and see if it helps any.

But you are right the splinter camo is looking great. (apart from the missing bits )

Ian M