ALWAYS wanted to do one of these!!

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good evening Chaps,
Well, currently i`m signed up for THREE Wingy Fing GB`s :dizzy:......
.... However,you know me..... I`m an AFV builder at heart,therefore i`m going to do THIS alongside the planes......
IMG20220602165121.jpg

ere`s some pics of what it came with,(An Ebay Raid about 18 months ago),
IMG20220602165429.jpg
IMG20220602165525.jpg
So there you go,it`s a subject that i`ve been wanting to do for AGES..... and,(It was quite expensive!),but managed to get it on the bench at last:thumb2: ,
Anyone who would like to follow along will be more than welcomed:cool:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Jim
Hi Andy
Now there's an interesting vehicle. I do like these fast armoured cars. Being Tamiya it should go together ok. Is it an older Tamiya kit? Also what is that big sheet of boxes???
Jim
Hi Jim,nice to see you Sir :thumb2:
It`s a fairly recent kit ,2000`s..... the sheet of boxes came with it,and are for Cago/ammo boxes:thumb2:
I also love fast armoured cars.... and THIS, apparently, was one of the fastest!;)
I`ve seen some videos of them in training grounds action and they appear to have been AWESOME..... i wouldn`t have liked to be on the inside mind!!:dizzy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Count me in mate I will follow along. I have built both types they are an interesting vehicle.
Hello SCOTTIE!!....
Great to see you looking in as well mate :thumb2: ,
They certainly are "Interesting"... as i said earlier.... I`ve wanted to do one for a LONG time now!!:tongue-out3:
The "OFF" will be tomorrow!
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Room for an old one Andy ?

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Andy great choice. I had one but I sold it like a idiot it had resin snow chain tires and PE. I’ll be seated by Mick.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thank you my friend, no lighters or any Lucifer's on me at the moment. Think the treatment has worked!
That’s good news John but your treatments never last very long but this time seems to be sticking.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
i`m going to do THIS alongside the planes......
Didn’t you build a fair number of Vietnam vehicles earlier? You can make this one fit that theme, if you want :smiling3:

ARVN mate Armored Car, Saigon, November 1968.jpgSouth Vietnamese mate Armored Car camouflage paint.jpgSouth Vietnamese mate Armored Car flat tyres.jpg

Is it an older Tamiya kit?
I wouldn’t consider it an older Tamiya kit, but I guess a lot of people nowadays do :smiling3: IIRC it came out about 20–25 years ago, when Tamiya and Italeri both brought out an mate armored car at almost the same time, but they’re completely different kits.

Also what is that big sheet of boxes???
American field rations.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andy,
I made the M20 Scout car a few years ago - typical Tamiya went together with a minimum of fuss & well detailed - You have a driver & a bloke with binoculars, but the open top of the M20 looked bare - so figures from the spares box had to be added. A lot of contemporary 'action photos' show the mate with a lot of external stowage, so the ration boxes might be handy, but wouldn't they be covered with a tarp.?
Dave

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry all... This one has just gone into the bin!!
Spent quite some time adding bits from the spares box, due to the kit having some bits missing,that went well :smiling3:....
But,(and I REALLY should check eBay purchases more,guess I think everyone's honest!!),it was annoying, but I cracked on ;)
BUT,it got silly... Basically,I just got disallusioned.... Enough's enough sometimes....
A real shame,but that's it BYE BYE Greyhound.... !

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
What's up next then?
Hi Mick, not sure really,...
... I've got a few that I've wanted to do for a while mate ;)
Suffice to say I'm a bit disallusioned at the mo..... Got quite excited about the Greyhound,but wasn't meant to be!
I'll make a decision in the next day or so.... As I need to do something in 1/35 alongside the planes I'm doing :smiling3:
VERY DISAPPOINTED,but hey.....
..... First world problems eh?!
Andy