ALWAYS wanted to do one of these!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Sometimes you have to let builds go. It’s ashamed people don’t care on Sleezbay anymore
WHAT was it that bad an how many parts were it short ? if you can rememeber as you say its a pity people are not honest ON EBAY but it happens as i bought a very rare dvd an a bit exspensive off there only to find out it was a pirate dvd as it was a puple disk as
all real ones are from what ive seen are silver
chrisb

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sorry all... This one has just gone into the bin!!
Spent quite some time adding bits from the spares box, due to the kit having some bits missing,that went well :smiling3:....
But,(and I REALLY should check eBay purchases more,guess I think everyone's honest!!),it was annoying, but I cracked on ;)
BUT,it got silly... Basically,I just got disallusioned.... Enough's enough sometimes....
A real shame,but that's it BYE BYE Greyhound.... !
That's the gamble with ebay purchases - some you win, some you lose - my luck has been quite good of late, which probably means that soon . I'm going to pay well above the odds for a real dog ( ...missing it's tail, a leg and one eye! ) . Ebay?, well, caveat emptor, due diligence etc - I very rarely buy anything from a new seller, they have to have some track record. And if I see 'vintage' or 'rare' I automatically go into cynical mode!
Dave

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Just waiting for this to get going, and it’s all over :disappointed2:
Obviously no point in carrying on with something that gives more frustration than pleasure, but what was the issue mate?
Hi Tim,
The poly caps for the wheels were missing,a lot of the "rods", transmission type bits were ,broken/AWOL and the plate that goes into the main body has vanished...... started sort one problem,then discovered another...
.... In the end "Sod it, this is more hassle than fun"!! ;)
Nevermind,first fail in YEARS,so put it down to experience!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
WHAT was it that bad an how many parts were it short ? if you can rememeber as you say its a pity people are not honest ON EBAY but it happens as i bought a very rare dvd an a bit exspensive off there only to find out it was a pirate dvd as it was a puple disk as
all real ones are from what ive seen are silver
chrisb
Too many to be bothered with Chris!!
It is rare that it happens as you say,so I'll just forget it and move on ;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's the gamble with ebay purchases - some you win, some you lose - my luck has been quite good of late, which probably means that soon . I'm going to pay well above the odds for a real dog ( ...missing it's tail, a leg and one eye! ) . Ebay?, well, caveat emptor, due diligence etc - I very rarely buy anything from a new seller, they have to have some track record. And if I see 'vintage' or 'rare' I automatically go into cynical mode!
Dave
Indeed it is Dave,
Must admit I've been very lucky on the whole with eBay purchases too :smiling3:
Funnily enough, when I see "Vintage" on a listing..... I also just read "OLD" ;) !!
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Sorry about the kit going in the bin but as has been said there is no point in continuing if your heart's not in it. Onwards and upwards.
Jim