Ambush in Berlin April 1945

D

dubster72

Hi people!

Some might remember my thread where I described the painting & weathering process for a T34/85 that I built.

Now after nearly 2 years I've finished a dio for it! Quick work eh?!

The scene depicts a typical desperate attempt to stop the Russian attackers by a panzer grenadier & a Volkssturm member using panzerfausts. I've taken some artistic license with the distance between the guys & the tank, but I'm sure close-range battles happened at this time.

The house is from MiniArt, the bricks from Plusmodels, home-made debris & the wall is made from polystyrene with rebar from picture wire painted to look rusty.

Thanks for reading & looking, all comments / questions / critiquing welcome!

Patrick

View attachment 38234View attachment 38235

View attachment 42325

View attachment 42326

View attachment 42327

View attachment 42328

View attachment 42329

View attachment 42330

View attachment 42331

View attachment 42332

View attachment 42333

View attachment 42334

View attachment 42335

View attachment 42339

View attachment 42340

View attachment 42341

ambush 10.jpg

ambush 9.jpg

ambush 8.jpg

ambush 7.jpg

ambush 6.jpg

ambush 5.jpg

ambush 4.jpg

ambush 3.jpg

ambush 2.jpg

ambush 1.jpg

ambush 14.jpg

ambush 18.jpg

ambush 20.jpg

ambush bw 2.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Patrick nearly as long as the war itself only kidding its a great little diorama and like you say i'm sure close quarter fighting did happen well done a 5 from me

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That I like a lot! It's a very well constructed and finished dio and what a story it tells. Desperate times.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Chris
That's a great looking build Patrick, the two years work was worth it. 5 stars from me.

Regards

Chris

D

dubster72

Thanks for the kind comments guys! It was fun building the dio & now I can get on with the next one!

N

noble

Nice work on the dio patrick nice to see the T34 being used.

scott

P

Polux

Great diorama Patrick!

I love the color of the small wall!!

Congratulations.

Polux

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice composition Patrick, good to finally see your T34 in an excellent diorama.

Well done.

Ron

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
where did this come from ive only just seen it top work buddy

where to start on my least favourite bit of my models the tracks but you've got them spot on like the way yo got them over the rubble

and the figure are top like the bloke with the panzerfauset (i think thats how you spell it)

cracking dio patrick you must be chuffed with yous self

geegad

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks great Patrick

D

dubster72

Thanks once again for all your kind comments guys. Hopefully my Pershing & Uhu will turn out as well as this one.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
It's always a pleasure to look at your work Patrick, but this just blows your mind. Love it, five stars.

Have fun, John

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
A really well constructed and imagined dio Patrick.

When man comes up against tank, you shoot him in his weak spot, even if it is in his a**e.

Tony.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Patrick, that is one fine diorama!

The T-34 85 looks great, the figures are well chosen and nicely positioned, the scenery looks terrific. There is only one suggestion I might make, if the road ran diagonally toward the viewer I think you would have an even more dramatic composition. The T-34 would be viewed 3/4 on, so you could see both front and side of that wonderfully painted tank, and would also benefit from a certain amount of perspective. It would also lead the eye to the guy with the panzerfaust in the ruins of the building.

5 stars from me

Cheers

Paul

D

dubster72

\ said:
It's always a pleasure to look at your work Patrick, but this just blows your mind. Love it, five stars.Have fun, John
Thanks John, coming from you & your skilled work , thats high praise indeed!

D

dubster72

\ said:
Patrick, that is one fine diorama!The T-34 85 looks great, the figures are well chosen and nicely positioned, the scenery looks terrific. There is only one suggestion I might make, if the road ran diagonally toward the viewer I think you would have an even more dramatic composition. The T-34 would be viewed 3/4 on, so you could see both front and side of that wonderfully painted tank, and would also benefit from a certain amount of perspective. It would also lead the eye to the guy with the panzerfaust in the ruins of the building.

5 stars from me

Cheers

Paul
Thank you Paul, actually I did try that out but with the building there, it took up too much space ; the dio is big enough already! So much so that I'm planning to re-work it onto a smaller base.

All my best

Patrick

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No worries Patrick. I can see the dilemma you had.

Keep up the great work :biggthumpup:

Paul