AMT 39/40 Ford Tudor

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Brings back memories. Saw a lot of customs done in the 50's with Merc bumps...nice touch on a beautiful model.
Well Done:thumb2:
Rick H.

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Nice one Patrick definately pops with that color

P

PWick

Thanks to those to who a shown interest in the build. I'm looking at leaving some other sites because when you see how many have looked at a build but haven't got two minutes to make any comment or show any interest at all.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the bonnet open Pat as this area is often overlooked. Another great build mate:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice finish on this. What paint did you use? I’ve never made an AMT kit, but they have some interesting old American iron in their range, so I could be tempted. What is the fit and finish like on them?
Must say though, to my British eye, she’s a bit of an ugly old bird :cool:

P

PWick

Thanks Tim, it's Tamiya rattle can acrylic Candy Lime Green, plus acrylic or enamel gloss clear over the top. I was going to 'woodify' the white area with my own home printed decals, but seeing how good it looked 'two tone' I left it as is. Well most early American cars are not exactly beautiful.
I have built AMT kits now for about 40 years and never been disappointed in their fit and finish, however basic they might be at times.
There's a wee bit of flash on most sprues on most kits and twisted chassis. There's also great opportunities to wire and plumb the engines and this kit had the basic 'flathead' V8 as well as the later V8 version, with different carb and injector set ups.
Being a retiree (70) I am careful in the cost of kits and shop around big time and buy from ebay, some being kits 'already started' that I can finish or strip down and customise or scratchbuild those bits that are missing.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Patrick
Thanks for the response. I used Tamiya rattle can paint on my recent bike build, but decanted it for airbrush use and clear coated with Zero paints gloss. Finish was excellent, especially once polished. Candy Lime green is the one I have just bought for a future Kawasaki Ninja bike build....so now I know what it will look like in the round....
To be honest, after a couple of views the sit up and beg arrangement of this one is growing on me....Thanks for the heads up on AMT as well, if they make something I like the look of I won’t shy away from them now.....
Cheers
Tim

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Mean and green! Like it!:thumb2: