AMT Ertl At-At

B

backonthecase

An old one, but Star Wars nonetheless. I got this one out to give myself a quick knock together to concentrate on doing something different with the painting and to give myself some weathering practice.

Not a great kit. Rotten actually, but the plastic's dead soft so corrections should be easy.

One side of the paltry instruction sheet

The bits on the sprue

And the fruits of an hour's work

As always, comments welcome, not that there's much showing so far.

Stuart

S

saleem

i am doing a build also:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/sci-fi-models/15573-mpc-atat-walker-build.html#post122839

fill all your seams,file and sand,get her nice.add detail to the feet as they are boring otherwise.fill and sand them connections between the feet and the legs to make it look like the feet are whole and the main leg is added via a rod.i used some studio pics found via google and the toes are even scribed as well as the main foot,there are little blocks there,i didnt try to repro them,i just added my own just to spruce the other wise boring foot up.

use a doubled up rubberband if you can,i cut one,doubled it,2 knots and hot glue on the knots.

add the cockpit,neck and body together as you will find seams at the back of the head otherwise,yes filling and sanding their is awkward but its not impossible.i will take more pics of some of the finer stuff another day.i filled all the seams on the underside,ok noone will see it standing but if they pick it up they are filled now.the rear part of the body,there is a engine part there with a hole,i filled the rear up there,i put some styrene sheet cut to size,glued and filled and sanded,so an otherwise boring rear end is more than it was before,its nice on one side and boring on the other otherwise.

:smiling3:

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I missed out on buying the AT-AT and AT-ST by a few quid a week or so ago. Looking forward to watching both these being built