AMT Freuhauf Van 1/25

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Hi gang!

It's been a while since I last posted.

As part of my club truck build off, I started at the back with the trailer or van as it is labeled on the box. The beasty 19" long trailer was quite a handful due it's sheer size and interestingly different. The last time I built anything truck wise was back in 1990/1992.

Anyway here are pics of the beast. A little rusty, grimy and exhaust smoke stained as can be expected from something that has been dragged to and fro a number of times across the US outback.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• From above.png
    From above.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Frt Qtr.png
    Frt Qtr.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Re Qtr.png
    Re Qtr.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20190921-WA0097.jpeg
    IMG-20190921-WA0097.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi gang!

It's been a while since I last posted.

As part of my club truk build off, I started at the back with the trailer or an as it is labeled on the box. The beasty 19" long trailer was quite a handful due it's sheer size and interestingly different. The last time I built anything truck wise was back in 1990/1992.

Anyway here are pics of the beast. A little rusty, grimy and exhaust smoke stained as can be expected from something that has been dragged to and fro a number of times across the US outback.

Thanks for looking.
HI Gavin yes I remember these vans as I used to build them when I was a welder at CRANE Freuhauf at the factory in Norfolk made all sorts for them subframes' leggear 'an bump bars an the frames around the doors an fitted on keeps by stick weldin an fittin them out in side smokey ole job an noisey
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I don't know much about tractor/trailer rigs but that van looks to be over 50 ft. long in that scale. Looks to me you have done a great job on this Gavin and I'm looking forward to seeing the construction of the tractor. Rick H.