Amt Star Wars 1:6 Stap With Battle Droid

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I just got this kit from Oxfam for £2.99...hope I can get half as good as yours John, cracking work!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
I just got this kit from Oxfam for £2.99...hope I can get half as good as yours John, cracking work!

£2:99 cheap as chips Si  :D  I Just love bargains :x

I've managed to pick up a second one myself from the local car boot might do something really random with it paint wise. A nice surprise is how tall these things stand when built.

look forward to yours Si I'm certain you'll do a cracking job 

cheers john 

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Cheers John, was well chuffed when I found it. At 1/6 scale it is huge and will look well smart. One option was to wreck the STAP and have the droid with a blaster hole and a Clone Trooper standing over it posed, will see what it is like when I get it together. 

I have seen these battle droids in camo and they looked really good.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Smashing work!! O.o B|

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Considerin' that's supposed to be a 'battle' droid, 'e looks pretty 'armless to me! Mind you, the paint job's first class.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real good John,liking how this is coming together, :smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi guys I've now come to the part of mounting the droid onto the stap. :o

As mentioned by someone previously this can be troublesome and they wasn't wrong and not recommended for the short tempered  >:sad:  so plenty of deep breaths and lots of counting. This really could fly xD More later cheers John.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi guys I've now come to the part of mounting the droid onto the stap. :o

As mentioned by someone previously this can be troublesome and they wasn't wrong and not recommended for the short tempered  >:sad:  so plenty of deep breaths and lots of counting. This really could fly xD More later cheers John.

Crap...with my shaky hands then this could be a total disaster when I come to do mine :sad:  Good luck and may the force be with you :D

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

fantastic work John, the weathering is just right for this sort of subject

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Getting the droid on the STAP properly is the bit that sorts the men from the boys John! I never did get mine straight before it fell over. I'm sure I read that some builders cut either the hands or feet off, and rotated them a few degrees to get them to join properly.

PS Don't forget to add some weight to the base. The balance is critical and you don't deserve anything to happen to this having done such a marvellous job so far.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Getting the droid on the STAP properly is the bit that sorts the men from the boys John! I never did get mine straight before it fell over. I'm sure I read that some builders cut either the hands or feet off, and rotated them a few degrees to get them to join properly.

PS Don't forget to add some weight to the base. The balance is critical and you don't deserve anything to happen to this having done such a marvellous job so far.

Yes Dave patience of a saint needed here. After a few failed attempts I decided it was in the droids best interests and my sanity to break it's arms in two places shoulder and elbow joints and I used straightened paper clips as joint pins giving me a 360 degree of adjustment on both joints which helped immensely his feet were also drilled super glued and pinned to the foot pedals and eventually both it's "hands" we're super clued to the handle bars  :o  All painting now completed it now just needs roughing up and weathering to give it that "look" almost done more later...................

Thanks john

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is the droid we're looking for!

:$  Crap Obe Wan ref there but the sentiment is right.

This droid is looking really good nice subtle weathering in the paint finish - excellent.

Cheers

P