Amusing Hobby 88mm Flak 41 kits

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Was looking around on Scalemates and evilbay (always a dangerous thing) and came across these kits for a 1/35 88mm Flak 41. Now that does interest me but i have never heard of this company before. Any idea of them armour type guys n gals?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Alan.
Yes I've heard of them before, a Japanese company, so one would expect the quality to be high.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’ve never seen inside the box of one of their kits, but what I’ve read here and there has been largely positive. If you look it up on Scalemates you can find a few previews but no build reviews are linked to there. The parts look good, though.

I’ve been wanting to buy their FV 214 Conqueror for a few years, but have managed to resist so far because it would only end up on the pile of unbuilt kits … now I see they also have an ARL 44, which is making it even more difficult to resist finding somewhere to order them both :dizzy:

Road of Bones

Cat slave
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alistair
I have the AH Conqueror with spaced armour in the stash, and it looks an excellent kit- it’s creeping up towards to top of the “build next“ list, tbh.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Here are a few pics of AM's first kit. It was not for sale at the beginning and now sold under the Das Werk name……..

IMG_1847.JPG
The sprues,

IMG_1848.JPG
Pretty nice detail on the engine grates and hinges,

IMG_1849.JPG
Fenders and tiny parts,

IMG_1851.JPG
Nicely molded road wheels and idler and it has Link and length tracks too,

IMG_1850.JPG
More details and of course a generic decal sheet as this was a paper panzer and saw no combat…......HTH's

Bleib Gesund
Allen