An American Spy Ship?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Paul, Rick and Si, :smiling6: :tears-of-joy: ...once the Genie is out of the bottle it's hard to squeeze back in.
I like a crowd but preparing for food is hard...my Chinese cook is already threatening me with his cleaver.:smiling6: Seats are also a bit of a problem...its standing room from now on. Matron has however seeked help from a few cute nurses but they know how to put out a fire when they see one.
Stairs done...getting pictures ready.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Scottie, when's your ship coming?;)

Continuation of today's progress report...I've made all the stairs and lined them up for painting.

G182.jpg

Surfacer 1000 on and left to dry. The little doughnuts are going to be lifesavers. I drilled out a plastic rod and sliced the pieces. I will be using the more flatter ones.

G183.jpg

Painting the lifesavers was a hit and miss going over the colours everytime I make a mistake...

G184.jpg

Attached all the stairs and even added the clandestine chimney from two different sized plastic rods...one sharpened at the tip and sliced off for the smoke stack cover. See if you can spot it. It took me a while to find its location and only one profile image gave me the position...it's still a guess.

G185.jpgG186.jpgG187.jpgG188.jpg

You can see where I have attached the lifesavers in this image.

G189.jpg

With this I think there aren't anymore equipment to add on except the rigging and flags for the ships mast. I'm going to enjoy the weathering process. I'll just give her a coat of Future first. I will also work a bit more on the seascape. Thanks for keeping me company since July.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Neil, I've put it away under the acrylic casing I got made in case it gets smashed by the cats. So far it has had a few close calls with antennas flying all over the place. Have to buy another packet of No.2 steel guitar strings to replace ones lost to the elements.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard, how did you know about blowing out the candle ! I'll have another go as seriously impressed with your results.
Could you ask Cook for one portion of Oyster Omelette with shrimp and rice please.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, aren't you in bed? How did I know?...I figured the only way your stretching turned into a blob is that you let the melted sprue cool and that could take just seconds in the climate you have there just by blowing out the candle then only stretching. Also with your close connection with fire I thought you might take the safety route and diffuse any fire before proceeding to anything else. You have to stretch immediately and with a quick pull if you want very thin sprue...a slow pull if you want something thicker.

Ok, would you like dried scallop and water crest soup double boiled to go with your order? I can get him to throw in some cordiseps and slivers of ginseng for a healthy herbal broth if you like the slight bitter after taste.

Cheers,
Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Richard,
Ive had to start at the beginning as it seems I’ve missed the majority of this great build.
I can’t believe how small it is :surprised:.....Some excellent modifications and tweaks:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Jim and Si,

It took me nearly a year before deciding I had enough photo references to start on this and it's been quite a fast 5 months of building in between other projects so it's quite fast for me actually...if anyone missed anything I don't blame them. Besides ships aren't everyone's cup of tea.:smiling2:

Glad you guys have kept me company.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard thanks for your reply, I'm going to have another attempt, the idea would be for aerials. Regards to Cook, quite willing to try that tell him.:thumb2:

As for the ship I'm always amazed at the detain in something so small. :nerd:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, aerials means you pull fast but stop before you get a bit of tension or else it might snap and you end up with curly aerials. Will get cook to prepare the dishes and broth.
Left Oxford to dry after a coat of Future. No bench time today and became a couch potato for the day.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Paul, you mean this pick-up truck in the pic?...

1510240913861.jpg

I guess it was delivered and replaced with the Captains launch. :tears-of-joy: If you notice the antenna in the forward bigger drum hasn't been changed to the TV style antenna.

Cheers,
Richard