An American Spy Ship?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Rchard that telecommunication wires is called a pantagraph i think an please leave it as that how it goes on navy ships as ive got one on my tiger but up to you on that but it looks great in my opinion
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
You know I have itchy fingers, Christopher :smiling2: so I went ahead and fixed it and lost half an hour of oxygen to the brain.

G210.jpgG211.jpg

And here's a couple of more images from a lower angle...

G212.jpgG213.jpgG214.jpgG215.jpgG216.jpg

Now to locate some water pump spouts along the hull.

Cheers,
Richard

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That is an absolutely brilliant build Richard. All the more so as it's mostly scratch built.. Very well done.
John.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jaw dropping work Richard. Its been an absolute joy watching this build come together. Is it complete or are you still going to do some more tinkering?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks John and Steve for your kind comments.

The photographs need to be shot further away to see the scale.

I don't know about tinkering anymore but the more I look at it there seems to be something I could add for instants the lifeboats rigging that runs across the davits usually have ropes tied to it for the sailors to grab on when getting on.

Besides I'm still figuring out where the pump spouts are positioned on the hull.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
:tears-of-joy: Thanks Tim. Here's a little more...basically how it's going to look like in a casing...

G217.jpg

Then I attached the printed out plaque but just noticed I miss-spelled Philippines with two "L"s.

G218.jpg

Well that's how it will look. Let me know if you prefer if the casing has a black border or remain like this?

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
:tears-of-joy: Thanks Tim. Here's a little more...basically how it's going to look like in a casing...

View attachment 408241

Then I attached the printed out plaque but just noticed I miss-spelled Philippines with two "L"s.

View attachment 408242

Well that's how it will look. Let me know if you prefer if the casing has a black border or remain like this?

Cheers,
Richard
Richard i think it ought to have a blue sky an sea horizion behind it
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guys for your views...I will be locating the pump spouts soon and streak the hull a bit it more. In some photos it showed up too clean.

Chris...I don't think the eventual owner will have such a cluttered background as I have. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I think Neil summed it up very, very well when he "masterpiece"

Nothing more to say.

ATB

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I have done the pump spouts and done a little painting to the waves. Also I tacked down the Oxford to the seascape with Gesso.

G219.jpg

They were made from thin wire stuck onto pre-drilled holes and coated with gesso and painted with Vallejo white, beige and diluted black wash.

G220.jpgG221.jpg

I'm calling this done and not tinkering anymore. The base has been screwd to the casing base and new plaque stuck on. Now it's secure even upside down. So with the perspex on it will be well protected and only needs cling wrap for delivery.

G222.jpg

I'll be posting the complete build photos in the completed section. I'm happy it's done and appreciate the company while doing it these past five months.

Cheers,
Richard