An American Spy Ship?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
To the Postie..........Fragile...........Handle with Care...............This End Up........Cheers Richard.
Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard

I've only been in the hobby properly for a few years but this has to be one of THE standout builds I've come across in that time.

It would be a brilliant effort even if it been straight OOB, let alone with the amount of scratchery at 1/700.

The water coming out of the pumps is a work of art in itself.

I don't know anything about these ships, so if there is anything wrong about it (which I strongly doubt) I wouldn't know. But that's not the point.

What is the point, is that this is a truly outstanding model, which would grace any table at the best model competitions there are.

This will live long in my memory. Congratulations on a job VERY well done.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Richard this is a work of art you have truelly outdone yourself on this model VERY WELL DONE :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2: An i like the guys an gals have enjoyed whatching you build this AGAIN VERY WELL DONE an YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOUR SELF :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
chriis

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Guys...I'm blushing like a beetroot and thank you for the nice compliments.
Hop over to the finished images site here...I have loads of images that are much more clearer. I hope you enjoy them as much as I liked photographing them...spotted lots of things I couldn't imagined I was mad enough to do but happy it was accomplished. Headache over. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Here's an image together with the actual picture of the Oxford to compare.

1510240913861.jpgG228.jpg

Maybe I should try one more shot at the same angle. I should have added the pick up truck just to create conversation.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, I forgot to take pictures of the delivery package.

The Oxford is safe having at least 2 inches of clear space around it in once the perspex casing covers it. Then using industrial cling wrap, did a few layers tightly for all 4 corners. It fitted into a shoe box but the lid stood proud of the casing height. I cling wrapped that too. The gap between the lid and box gave the opportunity to see the Oxford and check that it's fine.

I will leave you with a shot of my favorite part of the build... The rear mast.

G242.jpg

Cheers and Happy New Year,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Richard for me its so sad for me to see this build end as i loved lookin on here each day to see what you was up to on this build but now its finished WELL i hope you will have another ship in the pipeline soon as the work you have done ont this USS OXFORD was amazeing in such a small scale love to see you do a 1/350 ship because if you can sqeze all that in on such a small ship just think what you can fit on a bigger 1/350 scale as to me Richard you are such an amazeing modeler an happy new year to you sir from us
chris an jen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you Christopher, I hope to get back to normal building or basically OOB ones. I do have to get my Hellcat finished for Simon's tribute and be off ships for awhile.
Oops...it's already the new year, I hope you and Jen will have a great one this year.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, I don't know if I had posted this link before but it's a video from one of the crew that served with the Oxford.

Seems like a better researched video and shows where the smokestack of the incinerator that I was looking for.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi, I don't know if I had posted this link before but it's a video from one of the crew that served with the Oxford.

Seems like a better researched video and shows where the smokestack of the incinerator that I was looking for.

Cheers,
Richard

HI Richard well ive just watched this vid right through an enjoyed it thanks for showing it :thumb2:
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
HI Richard well ive just watched this vid right through an enjoyed it thanks for showing it :thumb2:
chris
Glad you liked it. Whatever he mentions is exactly what I posted on the first page. The difference is he has some really nice shots of the Oxford, the "Gig" and the incinerator smokestack. My gestimation was about right for the placement of the latter.

Cheers,
Richard