An American Spy Ship?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I had to step away from the bench today to cool off after spending too long with just a short run of railing on the left rear deck house.
So before I went beserk I decided to look at the flowers in the garden. :smiling6: :smiling6: I am slowly getting some idea of working with these Eduard railings...as long as the bottom rung is glued down straight I can tease the rest of the railing into shape I think. Cross me fingers.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
MY WIFE Jen says its very pretty Richard
chris
Very nice of Jen thank you. The seed pods are small on mine so there are only six to eight seeds which are edible. They are nice when made with sweet herbal tea with longan.

Cheers,
Richard

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Congrats on the antenna Richard. Very intricate work very well done.
Great stuff.
The Lotus is pretty special too!

Cheers
p

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Paul, very encouraging. More stuff in the garden to clear my head before calmly applying the damn railings. :smiling6: :tears-of-joy:

20200629_115627.jpg

The passion fruit flowers look like something from Mars...ah! Antenna. :smiling2:

20200407_165605.jpg20200407_182302.jpg
Soon back to regular programming.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Andrew
Slowly but steadily pays off eventually. Great work Richard!
All those flowers are beautiful. We live on a wonderful planet, if we take the time to look around and appreciate it. I believe in a creator and can't believe it is just chance. (Who cares how long it took?)
Andy

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
7 days and 7 nights I guess Andy. :smiling3:
Thanks btw, much appreciated.

Well this was what slowed me down...them pesky railings from Eduard...

20200819_002757.jpg20200819_002824.jpg
I may want to re-do the rear platform railings...just doesn't look good after one and a half hours. :disappointed:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well the railings have certainly put up a good fight. These are not easy to do at the best of times

P.S. I have the lotus flower tattooed on my arm. A beautiful example in your photo

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steve, thanks for dropping in and commenting. Ya at times the fight is really tough and I get bruised (confidence). Its a matter of deciding to clean it up and redo to get it right.
Can your lotus flower ripple? :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks JayCee, the scratching is fun bit the PE is giving me a headache. :smiling6:

I've made corrections to the the rear platform railings and it looks just a little bit better...

G97.jpg

Then I added stairs to the other platforms on the side of the rear deck house.

G95.jpgG96.jpg

Lots of cleaning up to do with acetone.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
You are really pulling out all the stops with this. Amazing work on this tiny ship. PE railings and ladders are a real stress inducing nightmare but yours are looking good.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for the encouragement Jim, I am going to replace the stairs on the left with grab rails fashioned from extra railing and do the rest the same which would be easier I think.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, I'm back. Just before my stint at the hospital I chanced upon a video just made recently on YouTube by a former crew member. Now Greg mentioned that the Oxford had some 50 cals installed after the USS Pueblo incident but didn't pinpoint exactly where they were fitted. I knew two were fiited on the rear of the quarter deck so the video supplied the other two points.
I used the kits supplied oelikons and shield, shaved off the magazines and shoulder harness and streamlined the body and shortened the back. I used the same shields as in that scale minute size change wouldn't be obvious. They look somewhat like this on the sprue...

G101.jpg

Two of the guns were mounted on slightly raised platforms but the other two on the quarter deck weren't. :smiling6:

G102.jpg

Then today I sat at the work bench and did some light gluing of inner wall supports along the watchamacallit...

G103.jpg

That's all I could muster before my meds. It was good to be back at the bench.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Glad to be back Andy...I had to get myself distracted from lifting heavy stuff around the house. Anyway no complains from SWMBO this time while at the bench. :tears-of-joy: might as well take advantage.

Cheers,
Richard
HI Richard great to see you back on the forum so QUICK an doing some moggeling but REMEMBER TAKE IT EASY an dont over do it
Chris