An American Spy Ship?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I'm up,

Christopher, thanks, I guess space is at a premium in UK. With the current pandemic and social distancing means you need a wider space or limit the attendees.

Jim, thanks, it wouldn't be wrong if I say that I'm impressed with myself too. :smiling4: Regarding food, although tempted but my body has naturally been urging towards less sweet, salty and oily foods. The dreaded cream crackers have become tasty as well as porridge. :thinking: ...go figure? I'm suppose to train the liver but I guess its teaching the body a thing or two to work with it. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 4539

Looking fantastic Richard :smiling3:.
I can really appreciate the time and skill that is going into this model.
Glad you are on the mend as well.

D

Deleted member 4539

Thanks Ralph, will you being doing any ships soon? The last one you did in heavy seas was very nice.

Cheers,
Richard
At the moment I am into painting GW figures and I am working on a diorama,not sure when I will be doing a ship next :smiling3:.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard

I am in COMPLETE awe. Seeing it next to you really puts it into scale. A simply stunning effort!

And all the best for a speedy recovery

ATB

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you chaps and apologies for the late reply,

Haven't done much at all for the last week and only managed repainting the deck darker. The contrast did differentiate the structure and deck. Even with careful painting some of the darker paint crept onto the vertical structures which was easily repainted over.

G129.jpg

Ok, I did do more than just painting decks...I did the derricks but haven't yet added the the steel rigging.I positioned one at a lifting angle less people didn't know how these worked. Noticed I knocked off the TV antenna just on the left of the picture. Didn't have to get on my knees and hands for it as it landed on the deck. Will fix it on after much of the painting is done not risking another knock.

G130.jpg

I was halfway attaching railings onto the roof of the rear deckhouse when I took this photo. Hope a wash will hide some of the paint that has seeped onto the deck.

G131.jpg

She's getting there.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Ralph...I have to get the weathering to scale soon.

Cheers,
Richard

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Just caught up a bit, looking very nice :thumb2:
The size of the ship compared to you is astonishing, miniature magic for sure:smiling4:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Fernando and Jim, small it is and I'm well until my last doctors visit in the middle of this month for a clean bill of health. Fingers crossed.

Painted the little buggers today with just a bit of time at the bench.

G132.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You surely can't get any smaller than those Richard, did you paint with it with one hair ! Great work .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
John, would you believe it, I used a number 2 brush...a brand new one with a sharp point.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looking forward to seeing the weathering Richard. Nice work on the small stuff with the hairy stick

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Long way to go before the weathering Steve but I have started on dry brushing the deck with a slightly lighter shade to break up the flat look.
Here are some images of that process...

G133.jpg

On the quarter deck are additions of the tri-pod thingy which I have no idea what it's for... Steps too have been added. Notice the cat hair. I have also glued down the rear main mast and will add the Christmas tree antenna soon.

G134.jpg

I have touched up on the bridge roof with Khaki...

G135.jpgG136.jpgG137.jpgG138.jpg

It seems like nothing much has been done but the deck doesn't look too dark as before.

Cheers,
Richard