An ancient 1/35 Tamiya Sturmgeschutz IV kit by Spanner570 (Bob's G.B.)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Inaccurate, ancient, lacking in detail, a toy. Thus speak most members of the modelling fraternity about this old kit, and quite right they are too. But keep in mind, I had loads of straight forward fun building it, and that's all that matters - To me at least.... :upside: :thumb2:
O.O.B.
Brush painted with Vallejo model Air Acrylics. Disc camo. done by 'twisting' two suitably sized and shaped brushes.
Excellent vinyl tracks.
Baking foil zimmerit, marked with summat sharp and stuck on the model.
Tarps and bed rolls made from toilet roll paper.
Netting from a bag of onions.
A piece of chain from god knows where.
Sewing thread for the lashings.
Bits from my spares box.
Fuse wire antennas.
A bit of muck from the garage floor.
Finally, a big dollop of imagination from the battle hardened Stug Commander as to what he wanted, needed, and where to put them!

P1250101.JPG

P1250098 (2).JPG

P1250099 (2).JPG

P1250103 (2).JPG

P1250105 (2).JPG

P1250102 (2).JPG

P1250100.JPG

P1250104.JPG

P1250108.JPG

P1250110.JPG

P1250106.JPG

P1250111.JPG

P1250109.JPG

Cheers and thanks for looking.

Ron

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
He's done it again. A beautifully built and photographed model from totally unpromising "stuff". Just add a large dollop of skill and imagination.
Jim

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks ever so much for all you most excellent posts chaps!
I'm chuffed to bits you approve of my model.

These older Tamiya offerings, frowned on by most people, are a great, stress free, relaxing, fun way to construct kits.

Thanks again boys.... :thumb2:

Ron

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
A brilliant build. I spotted the bucket. Going off at a slight angle, your pictures look amazing, such clarity. Are you using anything special ?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Colin. glad you like me Stuggy...... :thumb2:

Ah, yes, the bucket. Or more like the forum badge, which way back, the members decided was an obligatory add-on to a model.

The camera is an old Panasonic Lumix - They go for around £40 on eBay. I always use the 'Idiot, point and click' option. I wouldn't know how to use any of the posh features anyway... :upside:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks Colin. glad you like me Stuggy...... :thumb2:

Ah, yes, the bucket. Or more like the forum badge, which way back, the members decided was an obligatory add-on to a model.

The camera is an old Panasonic Lumix - They go for around £40 on eBay. I always use the 'Idiot, point and click' option. I wouldn't know how to use any of the posh features anyway... :upside:
Thanks for the info. I'm very much point and click, but my pics don't have the life of yours. Maybe I should read the instructions - wait no, I'm a man, instructions not needed !

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Another beauty Ron and with the lovely photo’s to accompany it as we’ve come to expect from you :thumb2: :thumb2: .
Neat load-out on the back too, all ready to rock after a visit to the depot I see:smiling:.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Fernando... :thumb2:

Yes indeed the Stug Commander drove the lads bonkers at the depot..."Move this, weld these brackets here, alter this, remove this and add that."

They were glad to see the back of him!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well Ron as I told MR STUG im no tanky but this looks like the real thing to me an if I hadn't know it was a model would have thought so too very very good modelling im impressed :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:
chris

Reactions: JR

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for the compliment, Chris. Much appreciated.

I'm no Tanky either. If it looks something like a bit of armour, then that does me. I like to keep my model making stress free, simple and straight forward - And as cheap as possible.(see beer tokens!)... :upside:

All makes for a fun package.

Ron