An effort to regain some skills on wingy things

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
CHEERS Andrea now we can enjoy looking at your work which is fab by the way some beautyfull aircraft there an love that sea fury with one wing up an one down brilliant modeling keep up the good work but i'll sit an study them this evening as im just on a tea break from working on tiger at he moment
ATB TO YOU SIR
chris b
Thank you, Chris. Glad you liked it.
Your Tiger is brilliant modelling: mine is just assembling with fun.
Sea Fury: as far as I know one wing up and one wing down wasn't possible, at least not on a carrier deck and on fly-worth plane; but 2 wings up was boring and two wings down would have hidden some good details... so I came to the decision to ignore the mechanics of the folding wings and went for the 1 up 1 down solution.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Some very nice builds there Andrea, I too can't see any skills drop. My biggest area for improvement of my aircraft builds is seam lines, fortunately the F-16 I'm currently building doesn't have top and bottom joints.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Nice work by all accounts. It could be interesting to see how the latest builds compare.
Thank you Ian.
I'd like to show some new builds but my bench is rather "cold", for the moment. Today my chores to help some friends to close their firm have ended by helping in loading their 2,5 ton. router (they cut and engraved plexiglas, brass, aluminum etc.) :tired:. Now its time to take care of the new house garden and, finally move there... :smiling3: My fingers tickle when I see some plastic and my nostrils crave for the stink of paints, but I must be patient, modelling time will come. I'll be back as soon as possible with my 1/48 P70 build and my shelf of doom supreme ruler, the 1/35 BV 206. In the meantime I'm enjoying this nice rabble. :thumb2: :cool:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andrea, don't be too critical of your work.
You've had a long wait to move to the new house with the 2 year forced break, have fun with the garden, wish I could pop over and help!
Nothing amiss with your work in any shape or form.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
They look good to me:thumb2:
A little trick that I've used in the past on 1/1 painting, for a blurred edge/line, have the mask up off the surface to be sprayed, depending on how blurred you want the edge as to how far from the surface.