An Old Walrus Coming to Life...Catapult Diorama

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Jim, as I don't have a micro weighing scale I do it by volume but pouring it quickly doesn't quite get the full amount in the mixing cup as both have different viscosity. Yes it's 50/50. Also they react very fast. Need to find some slower curing resin. Bubbling is another factor to consider. Perhaps I should have a larger gate for the gases to escape. Still it's quite fun casting.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Wouter
Wow, what a great build here Richard. Really like the scratchbuilding, and the figure conversion sure pays off!

Cheers

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Wouter, nice of you to drop in and thanks. Glad you like it. I was surprised it went together quite fast even doing the interior of the Walrus.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Sorry guys I had just switched off to go to bed when you posted in. Thank you thank you. It was enjoyable and that was what counts...apparently no cursing along the way even when the old decals disintegrated. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi I'm back with the final images and processes of this catapult dio.

Firstly Matchbox does not give you walk areas in their decal sheet and from references I saw foot prints denoting this and found this interesting. My first stencils were a bit big so I re-cut new smaller foot prints and sprayed over the mistakes with the help of blutac masking.

CAT0068.jpg

CAT0071.jpg

I have placed the hatches in their respective positions prior to weathering the deck further.

CAT0097.jpg

CAT0098.jpg

CAT0099.jpg

CAT0100.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Apologies as this is another I may have stopped abruptly. I have applied some stains to the deck since so might put up more images.

Cheers,
Richard