Anakin's Pod Racer

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
''I've built a podracer. It's the fastest one ever!"-Anakin Skywalker, Winner of the Boonta Eve Classic, Tatooine, 32BBY

ive made this before, about 7 years ago, and enjoyed doing it, dispite its reputation, but it got well mollied in a house move and ive wanted to do it again,

the kit has some problems, especially with the instructions and of course its a good excuse to watch the race again......and again......and again

30viq7p.jpg

b9a9ew.jpg

24xmn7n.gif

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
sorry for lack of an update recently....been busy

still been working on this, doing lots of painting little bits, can see its going to be one of those that all comes together at once

problem is it was 6 or 7 years ago when i originally had a go at this kit......ive learnt new techniques since then so am trying them......for instance, back then to do the paint weathering on the scoops i used the hair spray technique, now im trying using latex...........im also having a go at making a better base rather than the plastic one in the kit

next job will be spraying up the pod and weathering up the engines

its supposed to be 1/32-ish scale.....emphasis on the '-ish'...........tamiya paint pot for scale

33b0ktj.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
No worries Paul, This is going to be good either way. Take your time as we ain't going anywhere and want to see your magic with this kit. The Force is with you!!!!!!!!

Prost
Allen

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Nice work so far Paul :thumb2: , looking forward to the weathering stage.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Interesting, does it run on unleaded ?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thats some serious detail painting comin up Paul. Good luck

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
im at that weird point where lots of stuff is painted, just needs putting together after a coat of matt varnish

ive had problems with the pod itself.......three times ive painted the silver and didnt get the finish i wanted..............changed to bottle of 'steel' and it took one coat!!....next will the complicated decals......complicated cos i remember from last time that the instructions are wrong!

2cgn7fp.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
bit more work done on the engines.....hope to get these finished tomorrow

ignore the base......its the one that comes with the kit but ive made something a little better....just using it as a stand for the engines while i add the greeblies

impk5h.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Looking nice. The engines have come out well. Great stuff

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
sorry for not posting much of a build on this one, been kind of busy the last 2 weeks meant ive just not felt like it, even though i have been plugging away at it

pain in the nether regions of a kit!......decals were horrible....first whiff of microsol they crinkled....and stayed crinkled!!!!......some bits were never going to work, especially as i wanted to be able to take it apart to store in a plastic storage box

but its done now......more pics in the finished thread

351843z2.JPGz2.JPG