Anakins Podracer, Boonta Eve Classic, Star Wars Episode 1

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
The Force is Strong, cracking build is this, mmmmm mmm.

Have fun, John

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so the pod is almost finished....just got to add some antenna bits and the cables that link the pod to the engines

who ever designed this kit obviously never built it!!

the screen is a clear bit of flexible plastic that has a small tab that is inserted in a hole at the centre and then curved round on both sides...........but theres no way to fix it!......even if i had used ca it would have made a real mess and i doubt it would have stayed put due to the tension it would be under.............so i made another screen which is about 5mm lower, folds back just a little lower and snicks in place in a recess, the wanting to flex outwards holds it in place...........it may be a little lower but i prefer that to making a mess of the whole thing trying to glue in the original

next thing is trying to attach the cables tween the pod and engines.............ive tried a dummy run and guess what.......they dont fit!! lol

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
and finished!

been kind of annoying.....work for 4 days then 4 days away in norfolk, not been able to get on with this.....and if i hadnt made the effort to do the last 20 minutes worth of work tonight it would have been another 4 days as im back to work tomorrow lol lol

getting the control cables to attach was a bit of a pain........ended up shaving some off to try and get them to sit better, and then had to drill a tiny hole and insert a pin to locate in a hole in the engine

to give you an idea of the size, its 17 inch/41 cm long.....that long i had probs taking a pic....couldnt use my normal light cube and just stick it on the coffee table lol

lord knows where im going to put it....its too big to fit in my display cases!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thanks guys, was really nice to do something totally different for a change

P

Polux

Nicely one Paul.

The weathering on the rockets is spot on.

Polux

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Worthy of recognition your work is! ***** to you I award.

Gern