And now for something completely different, sorry i lie like a cheap watch!!

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
A real shame and lazy of the beggars.Im not a total rivet counter but accuracy in basic areas is the way to go.With so much information and technology nowadays then we do expect more.Id love to do a nice Stuh 42 but just not worth the expense cross kitting.
Watching your progress chum.
Rich.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
No sure how much a sprue costs but lazy is the word
Sprues are cheap — the moulds for them cost large amounts of money, though. Try putting some numbers into this calculator: with some WAGs at values for a typical tank kit sprue, I get costs of US$50–80,000. That is for one sprue, and I suppose everyone here knows how many tank kits come on a single sprue :smiling3:

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
A real shame and lazy of the beggars.Im not a total rivet counter but accuracy in basic areas is the way to go.With so much information and technology nowadays then we do expect more.Id love to do a nice Stuh 42 but just not worth the expense cross kitting.
Watching your progress chum.
Rich.
Hi Rich

Good to hear from you

Remember exterior wise a StuH was the same as a StuG, the differance was the gun and ammo racks. All you need to do is get a metal howitzer barrel, move the fire extingusiher so the head points inwards, Alkett built all StuH. You could drill a hole in the mantlet, this was for a machine gun which was not fitted to StuH but the hole was on many StuH.

Doing a StuH myself is at the back of mind??

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
After a few weeks of pain from my right wrist, decided to take two painkillers and a support strap and get on with it.

Almost finished the rear end, no fit issues, also fitted the bolt on 30 mm armour on to the glassis

20201026_135039.jpg
20201026_135047.jpg

No problems with the drive and idler sprocket but took a while to make up just one wheel set, very poor mouldings

The replacement ones for the Pz 111 M have turned up so may use a few of them to see if they have been improved??

Due to pain could only go at a slow pace and after a few hours i had enough. Looking forward to the lovely Tamiya StuG for Simons GB!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob out of interest re Takom, watch this if you have time.

Night shift is the guy building it , finds a lot of faults with this issue of a New Jagdtiger.

Yours the 4BO Club.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hooray the stug kid is back in bussiness glad to see you building again Bob mate an even if you do only a little its better than none at all as i know you are in pain with your wrists but please keep havin a go when you can as it pleases me to see you buildin
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hooray the stug kid is back in bussiness glad to see you building again Bob mate an even if you do only a little its better than none at all as i know you are in pain with your wrists but please keep havin a go when you can as it pleases me to see you buildin
chris
Very kind of you Chris!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob

Night shift is the guy building it , finds a lot of faults with this issue of a New Jagdtiger.

Yours the 4BO Club.
Thats shocking for a new kit John. Seems no one builds the kits before releasing them. Although the Tamiya StuG is years old, when it comes to fit it knocks spots of Takom and the same goes for the Jagdtiger!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Wrist and pain killers at the ready, bit more done

Finished the rear, added engine deck covers.
20201028_125034.jpg

Started on the casemate by adding the extra bolt on 30mm armour in front of the internal ammo bin and the loader

Decided to remove the middle stud and nut on the 30mm armour in front of the driver. This makes it a Miag build and to a narrow build date of March to May 43, only Miag StuG's had this missing bolt due to the metal behind the extra armour not being thick enough.
20201028_125026.jpg

Had to cut bits off the wheels to make them join together ok, then left clamped using clothes pegs. Not good as the wheel details are very good!

Cheers bob

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
IM amazed Bob about this bolt where is it was it suppoce to be could you put up an arrow an the build is lookin very good are you sure you are not a rivet counter lol
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good to see you back sticking plastic, Chris is right where was the nut ?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Yours the 4BO Club.
Uncle Night Shift!!! Aka Martin Kovac. One of my favourites. Maybe not the absolute best but I like his self-deprecating style. I'm actually about a third of a way through that one.