Andrea's Takom BV206S 1/35 for Simon

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Inching forward among family chores and movement restrictions that change frequently and will be stricter again from the 24th.
Today I managed to get to the bench, but inspite of the 2 hrs spent there, very little work has been done.
Being a still empty house, it was very cold and had to wait for the heating system to do its job warming the air from 7 °C to at least 14°C before activating the hissing stick.
Here are the results:
IMG_6700r.JPGIMG_6701r.JPGIMG_6702r.JPG
Undersides, wheels and steering block painted in Tamiya NATO black which, in the end, is not so black...:upside:.
Cleaning my Badger, the shade it left on the tissues was that of a very very dark black-green...
Anyway, its the underside and the most important things are that it looks black, I tried the new "F" needle and nozzle (worked well even at very low pressure) and I was back at the bench.
Thank you for your patience and for being a very warm and friendly band of good people.

Have a nice Christmas and stay safe! :sick:

Andrea

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Like wise Andrea.

Hope you get into the house soon, must have been a great strain.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Almost 3 years since my last post.
After Takom kindly sent me the spare tracks, I left this build on the shelf: the tracks mishap really sapped my mojo for this kit
Back on the desk and some progress done on the interiors.
For those interested, this is not a "full interior" kit but have some good interiors, especially in the front module. It leaves space for some beefing up especially in the back module where only the seats are provided by the kit while in reality it's filled with accessories, especially the back plate (see pic below of the real thing)
IMG_3014.JPG

and this is "my" real thing as per today:

IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1568.JPGIMG_1570.JPG

The tracks problem has not been solved yet... even the new tracks seem to be 1 cm short, problem which will be solved :cold-sweat::fearful:by stretching them a little after an immersion in warm water.
What really bothers me is that the wheels are delicate; the suspension arms, though properly detailed and almost in scale, are weak and the pressure the tracks will put on them once they cool down could become very harmful. I still think I might have assembled something incorrectly, but I wasn't able to discover what.
In trying to increase the strength of those feeble arms, I superglued some metal staples, which happened to be of the right size, on their inside with a triple dose for the idlers, also reinforced by some plastic rods.
IMG_1581.JPG

Not very elegant, but once finished the staples won't be seen, hopefully.

Hope to update you soon with this build. Comments and questions, as always, are welcome.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Honoured to have such a prominent member of the rabble in the audience, Paul :smiling: and feel free to pitilessly comment and suggest.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I was fancying this kit when you first started it but read about your problem with the tracks so I've held off.

3 years later and I'm still holding off lol but will carry on following to see how you get on