Andrew's 1/35 North Africa Vignette (SimonT Tribute GB)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you very much indeed Tim. I'm genuinely pleased with it, even if I do say so myself.

ATB.

Andrew
And so you should be Andrew:thumb2:,
That really is looking top drawer Sir...... i can see the hard work that you have put in over the last few years paying absolute dividends:cool: ,(Yes,i do remember your first few builds,and the smaller scale stuff,from way back when!!)
Top stuff mate!
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew,
Really nice work on the chipping not overdone and very convincing. The damage to the road wheels is spot on.
Paul

Thank you very much for the feedback. Coming from someone of your abilities I'll take that as a real compliment!

ATB.

Andrew

PS can you remind the agreed fee for such great feedback. ;)

Last edited:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul

Thank you very much for the feedback. Coming from someone of your abilities I'll take that as a real compliment!

ATB.

Andrew

PS can you remind the agreed fee for such great feedback. ;)
The normal amount wrapped in an copy of Hounds Fancier third cubicle from the left Waterloo station.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
And so you should be Andrew:thumb2:,
That really is looking top drawer Sir...... i can see the hard work that you have put in over the last few years paying absolute dividends:cool: ,(Yes,i do remember your first few builds,and the smaller scale stuff,from way back when!!)
Top stuff mate!
Andy
Mr Smythe, good sir, thank you most kindly for your generous and fulsome praise.

Coming from someone of your most inestimable skills, that is high pause indeed and doth warm me to the core of my very being!!:smiling:

In other words........

...... Thanks very much mate, much appreciated!:smiling5:;)

Oh and don't worry the Braille scale quickbuild kits are still there are will be making an appearance once this is finished. :cool:

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi all

So I'm calling the painting phase all done. Steel paint has been applied in appropriate places as explained above, with exhaust and tools glued in place.

Next up decals!

All the best and all comments welcome as usual.

Andrew

50981604773_61cbec4939_b.jpg

50982312361_27d64930b4_b.jpg

50981604743_cacaae11d1_b.jpg

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy,
The paint looks very good looking forward to the next stage.
Hi Andrew
That is a great finish. Very realistic look.
Jim
Cracking look, chipping is nicely understated.
Looking good, the chipping is just right.
A beauty. PaulE
Gentleman, thank you very much for the support and feedback.

Coming from a group of your collective skills I will take it as a real compliment.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Andrew,
This is coming along very nicely. The chipping looks good and not overdone and the pre shade has really helped to add a bit of interest to the paint work :thumb2:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Morning Andrew,
This is coming along very nicely. The chipping looks good and not overdone and the pre shade has really helped to add a bit of interest to the paint work :thumb2:
Thanks Si, very much appreciated.

As always there are things I think I could have improved on or done differently but actually far, far fewer than I thought there would be given this is my first foray into 1/35.

All in all in really quite pleased with it.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm impressed Andrew, great job and as Si says not over done.

Quite like the table its on as well, :nerd: .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I'm impressed Andrew, great job and as Si says not over done.

Quite like the table its on as well, :nerd: .
John

Thank you very much for the feedback. It really has been an enjoyable experience so far. Still need to work on the chipping technique but very pleased nonetheless how it turned out for my first effort.

That said, given your expertise and knowledge of wood, I am slightly disappointed in you, in that you mistook decking planks for a table...... ;) :smiling2: :smiling5:

In all seriousness though, your support is much appreciated.

ATB.

Andrew

Ps have you had a chance to try that extender medium yet?

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very nicely done Andy. Nice painting effects. Keep up the great work
Steve

Thank you very much indeed. Having seen some of your work on here and on your YouTube channel I will take that as a real compliment.

Hopefully i can keep it going with the rest of the build.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John

Thank you very much for the feedback. It really has been an enjoyable experience so far. Still need to work on the chipping technique but very pleased nonetheless how it turned out for my first effort.

That said, given your expertise and knowledge of wood, I am slightly disappointed in you, in that you mistook decking planks for a table...... ;) :smiling2: :smiling5:

In all seriousness though, your support is much appreciated.

ATB.

Andrew

Ps have you had a chance to try that extender medium yet?
:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: Well not saying your dinning room table looks like some weathered decking !.slight miss use of words there I feel .:smiling2::smiling2::smiling3:Your answer made me laugh though.
No not yet Andrew, only using brushes at the moment. Really ought to have a play . I'll let you know.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: Well not saying your dinning room table looks like some weathered decking !.slight miss use of words there I feel .:smiling2::smiling2::smiling3:Your answer made me laugh though.
No not yet Andrew, only using brushes at the moment. Really ought to have a play . I'll let you know.
Dining room table indeed!! I should hope not John - 2m x 1m solid oak - even after 10+ years since I still have cold sweats over the price!!!! ;):smiling5:

Last edited: