Andrew's 1/35 North Africa Vignette (SimonT Tribute GB)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Lovely work Andrew, you must be very happy !!
Thanks Bob, I really am.

Next up figures though.......:cold-sweat: :fearful: :cold-sweat:

Thanks as always for stopping by.

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Andrew,
You should be very pleased with yourself on your first 1:35 build. You’ve put thought and effort into the build and it shows clearly.
A very well done from me :thumb2::cool:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Morning Andrew,
You should be very pleased with yourself on your first 1:35 build. You’ve put thought and effort into the build and it shows clearly.
A very well done from me :thumb2::cool:

Thanks Si, very much appreciated coming from someone of your abilities I was worried about the final wash to dust it up a bit but it turned out exactly how I wanted.

Thanks again.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good morning all

So I've been very slowly plodding on with the figures this week.

I'll be using the ones from the box and the radio/tent set I got. I know they won't be the best given their age (almost as old as me....) but I've already spent a small fortune on PE, individual link tracks and dodgy stowage, so I'll have to make do. Besides this will be my first attempt at 1/35 figures, so no point spending a small fortune on decent figures only for me to ruin them.....

Moulding was not exactly great - not unsurprisingly - with seam mark lines around the full circumference of the figures plus some ejector pin marks in unhelpful places on four of them.

They're now assembled but I still have to fill the PIN marks and shoulder joins on a couple of them, as well as still needing to tidy up a couple judging by the photos below.

ATB.

Andrew

51114609820_55ff7ed463_b.jpg

51113576449_f1601f5a50_b.jpg

51113731088_7d9ac10f05_b.jpg

51113731153_70f61eff6e_b.jpg

Rather a motley bunch I think you'll agree......

51120145752_3523dea1a0_b.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No doubt, there was a tube of putty included to fill all those holes ;) .......never seen so many on anything this small. Have fun with these Andy......will you be posting a separate thread on painting these? :thumb2: Rick H.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
No doubt, there was a tube of putty included to fill all those holes ;) .......never seen so many on anything this small. Have fun with these Andy......will you be posting a separate thread on painting these? :thumb2: Rick H.
Hi Rick

It would have been nice if they had supplied a tube of wouldn't it! :smiling2: As for a separate thread I don't think my skills are up to it...

Thanks for stopping by.

Andrew

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Quite a nice crew! Tamiya haven't done their homework though. These seem to be in action poses, although the wearing of shorts in the front line was forbidden. Just imagine a sudden allied advance caught the rear area unawares and job done!! Look forward to seeing the paint go on.
P.S. The Pz 2 is very good.
John.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Quite a nice crew! Tamiya haven't done their homework though. These seem to be in action poses, although the wearing of shorts in the front line was forbidden. Just imagine a sudden allied advance caught the rear area unawares and job done!! Look forward to seeing the paint go on.
P.S. The Pz 2 is very good.
John.

Thanks John for the feedback on the Pz II much appreciated. As for the shorts I'll have to pretend this lot were a bit on the rebellious side!!

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Morning all

So I had a go at filling in the sink marks, first time I've done this on figures and generally happy with how it went.

I filled in the holes, let it dry and then gently smoothed the plastic putty way with a brush and warm water. One of the figures was more easy to clean up as the sink mark was not too deep - in that case I shaved the edge down with a blade and then smoothed in fully back by painting some poly glue - but on that one I had to fill in the shoulder joint.

As always the camera has revealed a couple of places where I need to smooth the putty out a bit more. Next up is a coat of primer, which will no doubt bring out other things I missed..... :fearful:

All the best.

Andrew

51122723496_961c40a2b3_b.jpg

51122723491_40eec62cc6_b.jpg