Andy Belsey's Book

First Name
Andrew
Hi Guys,
I've sought permission from Ian to post this thread about my forthcoming book, which is due to be published at the end of this month. It's been a long old journey and some of you guys have followed and helped me as I've blogged the construction of the trench sections for several years. I do mention this forum in my introduction and give it a plug in the conclusion, where I talk about the beauty and benefits of sharing your work with fellow modellers. Crowood Press expect my book to be published towards the end of this month but you can find it advertised for presale from many online bookshops already. I just wanted to let you know that it is almost there!

Having a book published is an interesting experience because you have ideas of how it will look but then have to pass your work over to a professional to put it all together. I am glad to say that I'm happy with how it has turned out.

Sorry that I have not been much company here recently. I spent much of the last year 'shielding' at home which has made me feel a bit reclusive and find that I still don't feel very sociable at the moment. I've sure that we're all facing our own COVID challenges mentally. I'm finally back at work now, which has been daunting and exhausting. I was very unconfident returning after such a long time away from work! I had my second vaccine yesterday so I'm a bit rough today but very thankful for it. Hopefully my mojo will return sometime soon and you will find me posting again soon. My native American requires quite a bit of cleaning up because the moulding of it must have been a nightmare. Making models for a living saps your enthusiasm for models in your spare time too.

Hopefully I'll have some more models to share with you in the near future. and THANKS for your support on my journey. I do look regularly at what you're doing, so thank you for those who take the time to post.
Andy

9781785008580.jpg

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy,

Well done - seems a long time coming, remember when you first started the "sections". :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Your mojo will soon return - the effect of the vaccine wears off quickly - cant really say that about the
work thing tho!!! :tongue-out3:
Here's a link to save anyone searching:-

Andy's Book

HTH,

Paul.
:smiling:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Congratulations Andy. Very exciting for you. You're right, most people's lives have been adversely affected but this virus. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Jim

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Andy,
Well done and congratulations.
I have waited for this book it seems forever and as soon as I can I will order a copy, and as Peter has just said autographed copies would be welcome.
Cheers, Mike.

First Name
Andrew
Thanks Guys. I've taken my advanced copy into work and got very positive feedback from there. Crowood have presented it very well and the guys say that it reads easily, so a good start.
Andy

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This is the best news I've read about for a long time. Well Done Andy. I'm off to order my copy now and will give you some feedback asap
Best Wishes
Paul