Andy Belsey's Book

First Name
Andrew
I have recently had the following review of my book by Andy Robertshaw. You will see that he is one of top experts in the world when it comes to WW1 trenches and having his approval of my book is wonderful! Thank you Andy R.

I have had the great good fortune of being given the opportunity work with archaeologists excavating British and German trenches on the Western Front in both France and Belgium. Using this experience as a background I was able to combine my reach into the archives, photographs and film of the Great War to build a series of full scale replicas for teaching culminating in the Railway wood trenches at the Kent Show Ground. This led to the opportunity to work with film directors such as Sam Mendes and Stephen Speilberg to build trench locations for films such as '1917' and 'War Horse’. Although I work 'full scale' and assume that I know quite a bit about the subject Andy Belsey's book 'Modelling World War 1 Trench Warfare' came as a revelation. Drawing on unimaginable skill in creating miniatures and backed by in-depth research his book is a 'must have' volume for modellers, but will be a useful guide for armchair historians of the period and battlefield tourists. It should be on your book shelf or better still in your car as you tour the battlefield where, very largely, the trenches are now the 'battlefield beneath our feet’.
Andy Robertshaw, Director
Battlefield Partnerships Ltd