Andy Belsey's Book

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just ordered mine and looking fwd to reading it. Well done Andy, hope its a great success for you after all the hard work.

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Eagerly awaiting my copy, ought to be delivered any day now ! If I'd only known John Race was getting one I'd have asked him to have one sent to me as well....

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Having read your book over the last couple of weeks Andy, I can honestly say it's brilliant. I have learned soo much, despite never having made a WW1 scene or model, it definitely offers something for everyone. I have no where to be critical at all, you have nailed it with this one!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My copy arrived to day, Christine took it to look through and was amazed at the work . A great piece of work and bound to become a refer to book for dio builders Andy.
Thank you for taking the time and effort, one to treasure.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Got mine earlier this week and I am well impressed. Most of it is not news to me having seen them develop over the years but it's great to have it all in one place
You have a very readable style of writing.
My one comment is about the 1-285 scale model-I would have liked a full double-page spread of the complete model, whereas some of the detail shots of it are smaller than the pictures of tools, which seems a bit odd. That is, of course, more of an editorial issue, rather than a comment on the content, which is outstanding.
I 'm still reading it and enjoying it, so I may have more to say(or have to retract..)
As I've said before, it's sure to become a classic
Well done Andy

First Name
Andrew
The book has been out several months now and I know that a few of you have copies. You should have had plenty of time to look through it now . Do you have any feedback for me about the book? I'm curious?? It has x18 '5 star' reviews on Amazon now and the only complaints I've heard were editorial issues, so out of my control. (I've been helping Mike Butler with his book on WW1 Figure Modelling, which will be published next year.)

Andy

(Sorry that I am not very active these days. I have struggled to want to make anything more that what I have to do as a living in architecture. That all went horrible recently, with not enough of us to do the workload. Thankfully it's settled down now and we got some more staff to help. I will hopefully get the desire for figures and dioramas again soon and try to join in more.)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Personally I really enjoyed the book. I don't think it could have been done any better. Until I read it I just thought a trench was a trench :hugging-face:
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy , I agree with Jim, a great book full of tips and interesting photos and information.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent review Andy, but I’m sure it’s no more than you deserve. I don't have the book, but your knowledge, skill, and enthusiasm shines through on the forum, so I’m sure the book is to the same standard.

Last edited: