Andy`s Dragon 1/35 Huey UH-1D (Pete's Helicopter GB).

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I think i`ve done it!!
OK then guys,gotta be honest,this build has burnt me out.... An expensive,but flawed,kit"!!......
I`m calling it finished for now,however,it`s gonna be part of a Dio in the future,(Got some very nice Resin Figs to show "Bailing out " of the Huey),but that`s not for now!
This kit had a LOT of issues/problems,which is really disappointing,BUT i`m not the best modeller in the world,so i`m not going to bother you with the details.....
IMG20220317161735.jpg
IMG20220317161554.jpg

IMG20220317161547.jpg

IMG20220317161614.jpg
IMG20220317161640.jpg
IMG20220317161742.jpg
That`s it really,the pics are quite awful,but,until i get this on the dio it`ll do,unless anyone wants better ones!!
As far as the Group build goes,i`d say this one was the "Ugly Duckling"!..... Nevermind I like a Huey anyway!!
Thanks for looking in Guys,
Cheers for now,
Andy

Last edited by a moderator:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
too rough on yourself, that looks very good - sad to hear 'flawed but expensive', that would certainly take a large slice of enjoyment away from the build for me!
Dave
Cheers Dave :thumb2:
Yes,unfortunitely this isn`t the first time a Dragon kit has disappointed me.....
.... don`t get me wrong,in a lot of respects they are superb..... BUT ,for the cost,i personally won`t be adding their kits to my stash!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cracking work Andy, looking forward to seeing the diorama develop.
Thanks Ian,
The Main Rotor angles caught me out a bit...... I was hoping they`d be "Flatter" in respect to the fuselage,as you can see,they are more offset,meaning the final Dio base footprint will be more significant!!:anguished:
Nevermind,with the figures i have got to put on my original idea..... that`s fine,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,, AND ,i`ve also got an idea about including a certain "Get to the Huey" set of figgies too?!!!;)
Andy